• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
7/22/2013 at 1:58 PM

Hello,

I'm experimenting with a new application, on my own laptop - I don't have an official website, public URLs, etc.
It will be a web-based application, if it ever works, but at the moment I don't have any of the URLs needed for the "Register new Application" form.
What's the recommended way to register an application key in such circumstances?

Thanks!

Private User
7/25/2013 at 12:37 AM

Use the desktop connnection method and leave these fieds empty.
I have a simple C# .net forms example here: http://www.geni.com/platform/apps/view/93?sec=Info

Private User
7/26/2013 at 8:28 AM

I expect you could put a local url in there without issue and then change it when it becomes live. I think the URL is for the Canvas and directing users via the Application's page on Geni. Not sure it serves as a requirement for function. I run my dev environment off of localhost:8080 and it works just fine even though my live site is registered in the app.

Private User
7/26/2013 at 10:11 AM

On the above App all URL fields are empty in the registration, except the Site URL which I use to let people download the source code.
Anyhow, after registration you can edit all fields as well, so if the registration require something in them just enter some junk and erase it afterwards. For a desktop app they are meaningless anyhow.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion