Started by Private User on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
Showing all 11 posts
Private User
7/24/2013 at 1:43 PM

The last few days I have been adding profiles. Imagine my suprise when i went to go into some of them ,to find they weren't there. Why would they be removed. Family names ireson. leach, Fuller. I spent a lot of time added a lot of profiles, dates , spouses, children and their spouces. when I could find them. I have now just spent quite awhile re adding them. Judy

7/25/2013 at 7:02 PM

Judy, instead of re-adding profiles, check your deleted list (http://www.geni.com/list/deleted) in the future. Are you seeing them there?

Private User
7/25/2013 at 11:56 PM

I didn't delete them . Someone else did. That's the problem or they just disappeared.I was wondering if there was a reason for this.

7/26/2013 at 12:12 AM

I understand that. If you visit that link, it will tell you who deleted the profiles.

Private User
7/26/2013 at 2:27 AM

Ohhhh!!1 I did look but they are all back in

Private User
7/26/2013 at 3:16 AM

More leach family members went missing along wi Washburn?Washbourne/Wassbourne. Added all the Leaches back , no date yet. Some of these people had 14 children. It takes time. The delete is not telling me who else is deleting, it does tell some of the ones I removed because I accidently put them in the wrong place, which I realized right away and corrected.Doesn't help when there's grandmother, mother and child all with the same name.Will go back and ad Washburn and dates and places of birth and death , if I have them on all leaches newly re added and washburn and anyone else i had to re add.

Private User
7/28/2013 at 2:54 AM

it was done again for Washburn/washbourne/wassebourne. Merged. Changed info and cut out several generation. found the info in Decendants of Sir Roger Washbourne born 1227 Little Washbourne Worcestershire England and his wide Joan Married 1258.

Private User
7/28/2013 at 2:56 AM

I think we should be asked if we want to merge and if we don't leave us alone and if we do and you don't agree don't take everything out , just leave it there with unproven beside it untill more info is found. it's not nice. I don't think it should be allowed. Why don't they contact the person who added it?

Private User
7/28/2013 at 2:57 AM

I think we should be asked if we want to merge and if we don't leave us alone and if we do and you don't agree don't take everything out , just leave it there with unproven beside it untill more info is found. it's not nice. I don't think it should be allowed. Why don't they contact the person who added it?

7/28/2013 at 3:11 AM

Judy, you need to give specifics on what's happening. We can't really help you otherwise. If you'd like to PM me with precise links, I can take a look.

Private User
7/28/2013 at 3:34 AM

I did four post up.There were maybe a total of 100 profiles affected. Most of these are back but messed up in some cases. The Washburne /Washbourne ones there are 32 effect. You want all 32?
Starts with Sir Roger de Washbourne b, 1227 and wife Joan goes down several generations and all their children and gets to John Washbourne b 1446 d 1505 m. too Joan de Mytton parents of John Washbourne who married Emme on May 6, 1516. , she was his 1st wife . 2nd wife was Elizabeth Mornington.he had 4 other siblings. There are more profile because I didn't count any parents of wives that I have, I wasn't sure if you could help . Was venting but if some can help that would be great.They are still in another line. All in tack but for how longer? Wait until the merge mungers or should I call them the marauding mergers?get hold of them!

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion