Marion Lee Drury (Everett) - Marion Lee Everett Drury (My Grammy) did not have Half-Siblings

Started by Kimberly Elder on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Marion
    Geni member
Showing all 7 posts
7/27/2013 at 11:45 AM

Could someone please remove the Half-Siblings from my Grandmother's Profile. They are duplicates and I don't understand why this was done.

Thank you very much

Kimberly Elder

7/27/2013 at 11:55 AM

One more thing, my Grandmother's profile is suppose to be private, so how was these half-siblings added?

I know I shouldn't get upset but I can't help it. So I hope it can get fixed soon.

Kimberly Elder

Private User
7/27/2013 at 12:10 PM

Hi Kim

If you look at say Lucy on profile view you will see

Added by: Greg Haefele on October 12, 2010

Which is probably before you joined Geni & he is probably a cousin.

If the data is correct can you try merging? Then you can control the privacy at merge time (I think). If I merged for you it will probably default to public & you (only - as a family member) would have to re adjust the privacy setting anyway. So maybe you can try it yourself? Just drag & drop one profile on top of another.

7/27/2013 at 1:09 PM

Hi Erica,

Which profile should go on top? I have tried to merge before and I end up dropping the wrong profile on top.

Thanks
Kim

Private User
7/27/2013 at 1:15 PM

It actually shouldn't matter much but I think the best way would be to drop Greg's on top of yours. Then in the merge carousel, your profile should show to the left, making it the "main" profile. When the merge is successful there may be a "conflict resolution" - both "tree" and "data." For the tree it will show as yellow triangle - let the tool guide you. If the data conflict resolution screen doesn't pop up after that (its tempermental in showing up), you can check from profile view, actions menu - if there aren't any it won't present. I suggest looking anyway though because you will want to progress to the next screen, edit basics, and search for the little radio button on the upper right hand corner. It should show you "this is public" - and then you can DE select it to make it private.

7/27/2013 at 1:39 PM

It worked and not only I have to merge my Grandmother's profile, I also had to merge her sister's and brother's profiles and my Great Grandmother's profile. So now they are all cleaned up.

Thank you very much Erica

Kim

Private User
7/27/2013 at 3:04 PM

That's great! Very glad to hear.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion