Personal Message from Noah Tutak, General Manager of Geni

Started by Noah Gregory Tutak on today

Participants:

Showing all 1 post
Today at 2:22 PM

Dear Geni Community,

I have spent the last 7+ years of my life dedicated to helping the Geni community build the World Family Tree. Over that time I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with many of you in the Geni community. Regretfully the time has come for me to move on from managing the Geni Team, as I have decided to take on a new challenge as co-founder of a new startup, that is not related to genealogy.

As I hope you know by now, I care deeply about Geni and the Geni community and I wouldn’t have moved on if I weren’t totally confident that Geni was left in good hands with a great future. Well over a year ago Geni found a great home as part of the MyHeritage family. I haven’t regretted this once as they have proved to be a great partner. Our CEO, Gilad, remains committed to the vision of the World Family Tree and maintaining and improving Geni as a separate product from MyHeritage. In fact, as part of this transition, they have committed to even more resources to help Geni continue to grow. Unfortunately the next chapter of Geni will have to be written without me.

Over the coming weeks the leadership of the Geni Team and product will transition to Mike Stangel, who has been with Geni even longer than I have. I’m sure you’ll agree that there are no more capable hands to take the reins. Please help me in welcoming Mike in his new role as General Manager of Geni and help me make sure that the transition is a positive one for the Geni community as a whole. I will still be around for many more weeks to ensure that the transition is as smooth as possible.

I’ll leave you with a quote from Pauline R Kezer. I don’t know who she is, but her quote about change is one that I found fitting:
“Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.”

Best Regards,
Noah

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion