Australian Help Needed

Started by Ashley Odell (quiet, but here!) on Monday, July 14, 2014

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
7/14/2014 at 3:06 PM

A collaborator has noticed that we do not have our Australian listings up to date. We need help getting caught up from Series 3 to the current Series 6.

Private User or Private User, do you by chance know any Australian users who might want to help with that? Private User, I know that you are busy, but maybe you have suggestions?

I am not sure who to ask for assistance, so your input is appreciated! This would be great for some users who aren't already busy with a slew of things they're working on. :)

7/14/2014 at 4:12 PM
Private User
7/14/2014 at 4:43 PM

I have added to the project page, but not linked any profiles

Private User
7/14/2014 at 5:09 PM

Ashley Odell (quiet, but here!)

Your collaborator is right that helpers are needed to work on Australia.
I have added some profiles intermittently though other projects have taken priority on my ever increasing "to do" list.

Series 3 and 6. I am lost on the meaning of these....

Ashley it could be worth making contact with these users who may have the time just to add profiles:

Bernie Kuran
Naomi Bloch

7/14/2014 at 7:40 PM

What project are we talking about?

7/14/2014 at 7:41 PM

Ahh...I found it. I'll take a look.

7/14/2014 at 11:25 PM

Sorry, Nathan! I knew I was overlooking at least one Australian curator but was rushing to post before dinner and you were the unlucky one I overlooked. :( Genuine apologies.

I can look for profiles and maybe some basic records on FindMyPast, but I'm just not very experienced with Australia and also need to focus on getting the U.S. profiles ready.

7/15/2014 at 3:08 PM

No need to apologise Ashley. I'm the silent worker.....the ghost behind the scenes that makes things just happen ;-)

7/15/2014 at 3:11 PM

Ashley Odell (quiet, but here!),

Most of the US profiles are already done. You need to work on the last episode as I could not find anything of her on Geni.

Kevin

7/18/2014 at 10:10 PM

I've connected Ita Buttrose. Turns out she's actually my stepmother's third great aunt's husband's great nephew's wife's first cousin twice removed.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion