Lots of famous Jews from Cincinnati

Started by Marion Bernstein on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
7/19/2014 at 11:38 PM

As a native of Cincinnati, I have a wealth of names to add to your profiles. However, I am not yet a Geni Pro member, so often access is difficult. Are you restricting the names to the deceased, or may current notables be added?
You may want to tone down your references to Stanley Chesley, who was recently (earlier in 2014) disbarred in several states, resigned from the board of the University of Cincinnati, etc. However, he would be a good living profile to add!
Other living Cincinnati natives (or those who spent a significant part of their lives in Cincinnati) include Jerry Springer, James Levine, Fred Hersch (jazz pianist).
Deceased Cincinnatians include Theda Bara (Theodosia Goodman), Jerry Rubin, Nelson Glueck, Jacob Rader Marcus, Isaac Mayer Wise, Iphegenia Sulzberger Ochs, Murray Seasongood, and various members of the Lazarus family.
Thanks for making this project possible!
Marion H. Bernstein

7/20/2014 at 3:15 PM

Profiles have to be public before they can be added to a group. With the new Geni privacy rules, the living people would have private profiles, the new default. I added Iphigenia Ochs, Murray Seasongood, Nelson Glueck, Theda Bara, and Isaac Mayer Wise to the project. Jacob Rader Marcus doesn't seem to be on Geni. I'm not sure whether the right Jerry Rubin is on Geni.

7/20/2014 at 6:15 PM

Well, obviously Jerry Rubin was born in Cincinnati... I believe he is also on the Famous Jews' Birthday Calendar project.

7/21/2014 at 6:05 PM

Another name not yet on Geni, to my knowledge, is Dr. Albert Sabin.
Albert Sabin
born August 26, 1906
Białystok, Russian Empire
Died March 3, 1993 (aged 86)
Washington, D.C, United States
According to Wikipedia, his original last name was Sapirstein.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion