how about this guy?

Started by Private User on yesterday

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
Private User
yesterday at 10:03 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Carlin he was before the courts many a time with his potty mouth including the 7 no no words you can't say on tv...

Private User
yesterday at 10:12 PM

Carlin and his "Seven dirty words" comedy routine were central to the 1978 U.S. Supreme Court case F.C.C. v. Pacifica Foundation, in which a 5–4 decision by the justices affirmed the government's power to regulate indecent material on the public airwaves. One newspaper called Carlin "the dean of counterculture comedians

yesterday at 10:17 PM

You want him added to the project? Does he have a profile on Geni?

Private User
yesterday at 10:27 PM

well I don't know if he even has a geni profile.. but if he did he probley would fit in here..

Private User
yesterday at 10:28 PM

and I'm sure it would require a lot of work (censoring and all!)

yesterday at 10:39 PM

Create a profile, and I'll be happy to add it ;)

Private User
yesterday at 11:18 PM

george denis carlin could you Private User and @martin for some reason i can't tag him .. cut him off from my mom and dad and mp him as i don't have the controls to do so? and state that the bio says George Denis Patrick Carlin was born in Manhattan, New York. He was the younger son of The Sun advertising manager Patrick Carlin (1888–1945) and secretary Mary Beary (born c. 1905). He came from a Catholic family of Irish descent, though Carlin himself rejected religion. (Patrick was an immigrant from Donegal, Ireland.) His parents separated when he was two months old. Mary subsequently raised George and his older brother Patrick Jr. (born October 1, 1931) herself.[ His maternal grandfather, Dennis Bearey, was an Irish immigrant who worked as a New York City policeman. One immigrant grandmother's maiden name was originally O'Grady, he recalled, but it changed to Grady before she reached America.

Private User
yesterday at 11:43 PM

george denis carlin is ready for detailing & tree building.

Private User - you are invited to join the party.

Justin - it would maybe be fun for you explain why his censorship cases were important free speech cases ...

Private User
yesterday at 11:46 PM

Michael - maybe copy & paste the first paragraph from the Wikipedia article into the overview ? But I'm sure you'll want to do some original research, including adding YouTube links to his videos?

Private User
yesterday at 11:49 PM

erica.. I will try... It will help me distract my self from missing a family member and geni contibuor ( RIP Fay Elizabeth Baldwin not sure how far back i can go on this one though .. irish records as i'm sure your well aware of before 1900 and even today are a chalenge.. running into the same issue with my dad's great great grandparents but that's a disscussion for later..

Private User
yesterday at 11:50 PM

I've learned thru experience as the nephew of a english teacher not to trust wikipeida at face value but that too is another discussion for later...

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion