Ivan Juretich - Family

Started by Casey Juretich on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
7/22/2014 at 1:27 AM

I am looking for more information on Ivan Juretich i am heading over to Croatia in September and would like to find out where he was from or if any family to get in contact with very interested in finding out my family tree background.
Cheers Casey Juretich

7/23/2014 at 5:48 PM

Hi Casey,
As Ivan was born in Podgora you might like to join the Podgora project and re-post your question there where it might get some more attention.

I know there are Geni users who frequently return to Podgora, and even quite a few that live in the immediate area.

7/24/2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your help I will post it to there as well

Private User
7/26/2014 at 12:23 AM

Hi Casey,
We will be in Podgora during September and will look out for you. Your cousin Louis would have been in Podgora and would have been your best resource. Unfortunately, his mum has just died and he is probably en-route to NZ now.
Many Kiwis sit outside Hotel Podgorka of an evening. Ask any of the waiters for Bartul Garelja, He is a good helpmate for any kiwi. Many people speak English so don't be frightened to ask. I hope you can get in touch with Louis before you leave. all the best Noeline

7/26/2014 at 1:48 AM

Hi Noeline
Thanks for the reply. Awesome will be nice to meet you I think we will be in podgora for about 3 days so wanna make the most of everything. Will check out the hotel Podgorka as well, yep my partner has been to Croatia before and I have been teaching myself Croatian so not to worried :-). I know Louis would be the best resource but have heard about Dragica my father is heading down for the funeral. Thanks for your help. Cheers Casey

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion