Corporate sponsors

Started by Elise J. Kornfeld on Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Showing all 14 posts
7/22/2014 at 3:08 PM

My idea for the day: A posting on Facebooks Geni Users Group for someone who works in Public Relations to use their experience to get corporate sponsors for the reunion.

7/22/2014 at 3:31 PM

Yes, I NEED a sponsor, too! lol!

I have a link in or two, to Bacardi, X- Playstation and Red Bull (I know, totally THE healthiest possible, in question... but they are big in sports and Guinness Book events etc.) I´ll see what I can turn up. ;-)

7/22/2014 at 3:58 PM

Go Theresa!

7/22/2014 at 6:04 PM

I'll do my best, Cuz! ;-)

7/22/2014 at 6:13 PM

World/International Genealogical Society should be interested in being involved, I'd think, as well. I'm going to try and build the bridge to my "known Cultural exchange" partners with: "Our American Descendants", as the main- sell. As, the immigration floods to not only the US, but also, the literal droves of passengers who landed directly on the east coast and the masses who came directly through Ellis Island in New York City.
I'd buy it! I hope they do, too. ;-)

Anyone, may feel free to recycle the idea in their own words, for their contacts and if quoted, I of course, appreciate creds, just like the next creative person. <3

7/22/2014 at 6:49 PM

Cousin Theresa - Don't forget about Castle Garden, in addition to Ellis Island.

To avoid duplication of work done, I posted/sent messages about the reunion to: reunion.com, the editor at reunionindex.com, genealogyforum.com, editor@reunionsmag.com, yourfamily.com, and the Facebook page "Genealogy", findmypast.com, jewishgen.org, steve@stevenmorse.org, deadfred.com, tribalpages.com, infospace.com, ancientfaces.com, and the genealogy site on Cyndi's list

Whew!

7/22/2014 at 8:23 PM

Oh, yes, of course! Good eye! ;-)
Awesome job, Elise! <3

7/22/2014 at 8:27 PM

Good to know, for all collaborating on whatever with me... I am located in Germany(Europe). ;-) so, I'll be working this end of the "pond". :-D

7/23/2014 at 1:38 PM

Hey Elise and Theresa! This is great. Love that you guys are on the corporate case. I'm actually in the middle of preparing a sleek-looking package/deck that we can send folks, so would you mind holding off contacting them until that's ready? After we get the deck, we can coordinate our attack and figure out who has the best contacts where. (And by 'attack' I mean offering corporations exciting opportunities to do good and get their product out there, of course).
Let me know if that sounds good.
Hoping to have the deck ready next week....
AJ

7/23/2014 at 2:20 PM

Attack is on hold! I used the info that the NYGBS used in their Summer 2014 newsletter; this will be even better.

I'm keeping a list of new ideas pending the new package/deck. Prepare yourself!

7/23/2014 at 2:21 PM

Attack is on hold! I used the info that the NYGBS used in their Summer 2014 newsletter; this will be even better.

I'm keeping a list of new ideas pending the new package/deck. Prepare yourself!

7/23/2014 at 4:05 PM

A.J. - I received this response from the editor at Reunion Magazine:

Subject: Re: Register a reunion
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:16:30 -0500
To: elisejk@hotmail.com

Elise:

We have been in touch with Aj Jacobs since February when we began including The Global Family Reunion across our outlets.
The announcement has been on our web site since then.
The Global Family Reunion has been promoted in Reunions magazine, our monthly newsletter, Facebook, Pinterest.

All that considered, we’d sure like to be included in the list of press on The Global Family Reunion web site.

We definitely need to coordinate who has contacted who/what. It's not only a duplication of effort, but also an annoyance to those that we contact more than once.

Elise

7/23/2014 at 4:08 PM

Thank you Elise! That is awesome. I am prepared for the onslaught of ideas. I love ideas! And thanks for the note from Reunions. I will indeed put them on the press list!
AJ

7/23/2014 at 7:12 PM

Yes!!! Got it! Can't wait for the deck! This IS going to be pretty awesome!!! <3

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion