Chrissy Tiegen, Ricky Gervais and Chris O'Dowd

Started by Eowyn Langholf (GFR Cousin Coordinator) on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 69 posts
7/24/2014 at 3:01 PM

An article is set to run on Monday or Tuesday showing a bunch of AJ's I am a Cousin celebrity photos. We're missing a few connections. Think we can get them by Sunday night?

Chrissy Tiegen,
Ricky Gervais - Ricky Gervais
Chris O'Dowd

Thank you!

7/24/2014 at 3:15 PM

I'll take a look at Ricky Gervais

7/24/2014 at 5:46 PM

started Chris O'Dowd dont have much hope of connecting him

Private User
7/24/2014 at 5:54 PM

started Chrissy Teigen

Private User
7/24/2014 at 6:16 PM

.... Because some of us are John Legend fans ... :)

7/24/2014 at 6:16 PM

Thanks guys! By the way, can I add one more? It's Christina Hendricks from Mad Men. Here's the story:
I went to dinner tonight with a philanthropist hoping to get some advice on getting corporate sponsors to fund the Alzheimer's charity at the GFR.
At the next table? Christina Hendricks eating alone. I said to my dinner companion -- a 78-year-old man -- "I'm going to embarrass myself and ask her for a photograph." He said, "Let me make the introduction." Before I could say anything, he sidled over to her and said, "Listen, this man here is the real deal. He's written a bunch of books. And he has a question for you." With that, she looked at me and said, "Hi, I'm Christina." I stammered a bit about how I'm putting on this family reunion for the entire world, and it's also a benefit for Alzheimer's, and that I'm trying to show we're all related. So she agreed to have her photo taken. (Though she did want photo approval. She looked at the photos in case she wanted to delete any).
Back at our table, I said to my friend "You know, that's Christina Hendricks, right?"
He said, "Who?"
Turns out, he didn't know she was famous. He just thought she was a pretty lady that I wanted to meet and take a picture with. (Though he knows my wife very well!)
On the way out, I said goodbye and thanked her. My friend said, "Good to meet you. I hear you're the real deal too." Ha! She's quite a bit realer than I am.

7/24/2014 at 6:24 PM

By the way! One hint on Chris O'Dowd. When I interviewed him, he told me that he found out that Boy George is his cousin. That Boy George comes from the same O'Dowd line. I don't have proof of this, but that's what he told me.

7/24/2014 at 6:27 PM

I've finally connected Ricky! I found an Australian connection. It's a complex connection and I'm not particularly good at 'walking' through the tree (plus I want to add some more since I've found a big gap) - anyone want to have a go at working out the connection?

7/24/2014 at 6:42 PM

Thank you Nathan Luke Cowdrey! That's fantastic news.

7/24/2014 at 6:47 PM
Private User
7/24/2014 at 6:50 PM

Christina Hendricks

Her father's English

7/24/2014 at 7:01 PM
7/24/2014 at 10:35 PM

hmmm......Ricky Gervais is your (that's me) stepmother's first cousin thrice removed's wife's first cousin's husband's first cousin once removed's wife's first cousin once removed's husband's brother's wife's nephew's wife's uncle's wife's sister's husband's first cousin's wife's niece's husband's first cousin once removed's husband's first cousin's wife's third cousin once removed.

Private User
7/25/2014 at 4:48 AM

A.J. Jacobs is Christina Hendricks' 9th cousin 15 times removed's husband's nephew!

Does she know she's President Obama's fifth cousin?

7/25/2014 at 5:21 AM

A.J. is related to David Letterman (wouldn't that one be great publicity!! ) and Cher!

Private User
7/25/2014 at 6:21 AM

Just so we're not duplicating research work that's already been done. Here are the cross-postings at WikiTree.

* Chrissy Teigen and John Legend:
* Chris O'Dowd:
* Ricky Gervais:
* Christina Hendricks:

7/25/2014 at 7:02 AM

connected ricky gervais dads quebec side to the big tree. path should be much closer now

7/25/2014 at 7:19 AM
7/25/2014 at 8:33 AM

Love that you got Christina Hendricks! So cool. Thanks all, and Private User.
And thanks for the Rick G stuff, Jaso and Theresa! (Congrats on having him as your cuz, Theresa)

7/25/2014 at 8:47 AM

Another hint for Chris O'Dowd! I just emailed his wife Dawn O'Porter (born Dawn Porter, but she added the O for Chris, which is cute). She's a funny documentary maker from England. She gave me the names of her grandparents (though no dates): Grandfather: Charles Rix. Grandmother Florence Seargent.

7/25/2014 at 8:59 AM
7/25/2014 at 9:31 AM

Nice Jason! Awesome.

7/25/2014 at 7:10 PM

Dawn O'Porter not connected yet but definitely some potential if someone wants to help expand further

Private User
7/25/2014 at 8:54 PM

Jeff thank you very much for the cross posting to Wikitree. Ill pick up on the Stept (Jewish) stepfather and see if there's anything there that closer connects to the other 6 million Jews in NYC. :):)

7/26/2014 at 8:07 AM
7/26/2014 at 7:03 PM

Anyone make a connection for John Legend or Chrissy Teigen yet? I found Chrissy Teigen's immigrant Norweigan ancestor, but no luck connecting her up through that line yet

7/26/2014 at 7:36 PM

Thanks again guys for working on this. I am extremely grateful.

Private User
7/26/2014 at 9:04 PM

Steven - can you post a link to the immigrant Teigen? Maybe team Norway will have a chance to do their thing, and it will help verify working up from Chrissy's dad.

Private User
7/27/2014 at 3:36 AM

Norwegians - have at it! Chrissy Teigen still needs connecting to the Big Tree & hence to AJ, but I've got her back to Norway

Ole Thoresen

Marith Trondsdatter

Unknown Profile

7/27/2014 at 5:40 AM
Showing 1-30 of 69 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion