Chrissy Tiegen, Ricky Gervais and Chris O'Dowd

Started by Eowyn Langholf (GFR Cousin Coordinator) on yesterday

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
yesterday at 3:01 PM

An article is set to run on Monday or Tuesday showing a bunch of AJ's I am a Cousin celebrity photos. We're missing a few connections. Think we can get them by Sunday night?

Chrissy Tiegen,
Ricky Gervais - Ricky Gervais
Chris O'Dowd

Thank you!

yesterday at 3:15 PM

I'll take a look at Ricky Gervais

yesterday at 5:46 PM

started Chris O'Dowd dont have much hope of connecting him

Private User
yesterday at 5:54 PM

started Chrissy Teigen

Private User
yesterday at 6:16 PM

.... Because some of us are John Legend fans ... :)

yesterday at 6:16 PM

Thanks guys! By the way, can I add one more? It's Christina Hendricks from Mad Men. Here's the story:
I went to dinner tonight with a philanthropist hoping to get some advice on getting corporate sponsors to fund the Alzheimer's charity at the GFR.
At the next table? Christina Hendricks eating alone. I said to my dinner companion -- a 78-year-old man -- "I'm going to embarrass myself and ask her for a photograph." He said, "Let me make the introduction." Before I could say anything, he sidled over to her and said, "Listen, this man here is the real deal. He's written a bunch of books. And he has a question for you." With that, she looked at me and said, "Hi, I'm Christina." I stammered a bit about how I'm putting on this family reunion for the entire world, and it's also a benefit for Alzheimer's, and that I'm trying to show we're all related. So she agreed to have her photo taken. (Though she did want photo approval. She looked at the photos in case she wanted to delete any).
Back at our table, I said to my friend "You know, that's Christina Hendricks, right?"
He said, "Who?"
Turns out, he didn't know she was famous. He just thought she was a pretty lady that I wanted to meet and take a picture with. (Though he knows my wife very well!)
On the way out, I said goodbye and thanked her. My friend said, "Good to meet you. I hear you're the real deal too." Ha! She's quite a bit realer than I am.

yesterday at 6:24 PM

By the way! One hint on Chris O'Dowd. When I interviewed him, he told me that he found out that Boy George is his cousin. That Boy George comes from the same O'Dowd line. I don't have proof of this, but that's what he told me.

yesterday at 6:27 PM

I've finally connected Ricky! I found an Australian connection. It's a complex connection and I'm not particularly good at 'walking' through the tree (plus I want to add some more since I've found a big gap) - anyone want to have a go at working out the connection?

yesterday at 6:42 PM

Thank you Nathan Luke Cowdrey! That's fantastic news.

yesterday at 6:47 PM
Private User
yesterday at 6:50 PM

Christina Hendricks

Her father's English

yesterday at 7:01 PM
yesterday at 10:35 PM

hmmm......Ricky Gervais is your (that's me) stepmother's first cousin thrice removed's wife's first cousin's husband's first cousin once removed's wife's first cousin once removed's husband's brother's wife's nephew's wife's uncle's wife's sister's husband's first cousin's wife's niece's husband's first cousin once removed's husband's first cousin's wife's third cousin once removed.

Private User
Today at 4:48 AM

A.J. Jacobs is Christina Hendricks' 9th cousin 15 times removed's husband's nephew!

http://www.geni.com/path/Christina-Hendricks+is+related+to+A-J-Jaco...

Does she know she's President Obama's fifth cousin?

http://www.geni.com/path/Barack-H-Obama-44th-President-of-the-USA+i...

Today at 5:21 AM

A.J. is related to David Letterman (wouldn't that one be great publicity!! ) and Cher!

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion