The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Wilsons in Scotland? Lasswade? Loanhead?

Started by Rebecca Taylor (Brewer) on Thursday, December 17, 2009

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Joseph
    Geni member
  • Colin
    Geni member
Showing all 3 posts
12/17/2009 at 1:49 PM

The family of my grandfather @Colin Wilson come from Lasswade, Loanhead, in Scotland. His father Josephfamily of my grandfather @Colin Wilson come from Lasswade, Loanhead, in Scotland. His father @Joseph Wilson came out late 1890s, early 1900s early enough to served we believe in the AIF in WWI but too many Joseph Wilsons to verify exactly. He married a @Celia Weingott and had his children, grandchildren out here in Australia.
Family lore says he was the only boy in a large family of sisters, but we have no record of names etc. @Joseph Wilson senior and his wife @Margaret Nelson lived in Lasswade area, and Joseph was n engine driver or something like that.

Any information would be wonderful, and I am more than happy to pass on our information.

Rebecca Taylor

12/17/2009 at 1:52 PM

There is a bug in the other story, can't get the link thing to work right. Well, its spelled out reasonably clearly.

8/6/2011 at 7:26 PM

Colin is my grandfather, and he is the son of the Joseph who came out here just before WW1 started to find work as a miner to support mother and sister.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion