Biblical Tree Merge

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn) / (שמואל אהרן קם (קאן on Monday, December 21, 2009

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
12/21/2009 at 4:42 PM

This is an open discussion for anyone who has comments or questions about my ongoing (2+ years) attempt to merge all of the 200+ copies (and counting) of the Biblical Tree on Geni.

Before you comment, though, please read the following description of this project (especially the FAQ) on the Geni Wiki: http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Biblical_Tree_Merge and prior comments in this discussion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
___________________One last VERY important request:___________________

Please do NOT merge ANY copies (yours or of others), into the main one, without FIRST sending me a message. This will also generally involve inviting me to join your Family Group. Due to requiring permissions from literally a couple dozen people, you will NOT be able to complete the dozen (or hundreds) of merges required by yourself. I already have those permissions, so I can and will gladly do this for you.

Thank you for your consideration,
Shmuel Aharon Kam
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/21/2009 at 4:50 PM
Private User
3/5/2010 at 11:55 AM

Your implication that only Jewish descent peoples are related to Adam is rubbish. My parents' lineage goes back to European royalty and I believe In God's Word and the storyline of His Creations even though I believe the timeline spoken of is merely for chronology purposes and not to be taken as exact times. A "day" or "year" in the Bible is not to be construed as a day or year as we know it. Since there is no one alive today from those times it is merely supposition on anyone's part to "accurately" estimate any time element. If as the Bible (a book more widely read than ANY other) says Adam & Eve were the first man and woman (and somewhere obviously there had toe be a first then the entire human race is actually related to Adam not just your chosen 5000+

3/5/2010 at 3:14 PM

Eve, would you please point out where Shmuel said that only Jewish people are descended from Adam? The only thing I can find where he says anything remotely related is on the wiki: "Many Jewish families trace their lineages to the Royal House of David, and the Exilarchs that followed them." Obviously, that does not exclude any non-Jewish people from being descendants of Adam.

3/6/2010 at 2:59 PM

Especially as I START that page with "Many lines of European Royalty (and some of the Pharaohs) trace their ancient lineage all the way back to the biblical era, mostly through various descendants of Noah or Judah."

The 5000+ number has NOTHING to do with the actual number of relatives/descendants listed on Geni. The actual number is probably at least a million now, what with the constant merging of trees. What this number means is that Geni won't TELL you about more than 5000 of them. When Pro users (not me) look at that page they will see the number as 100,000+ !!! But that number is also an estimate! Above either of those number's Geni no longer keeps track of the exact count. It would be impractical to try and do so.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion