• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Bahsedilen Profiller:

Bütün mesajları (10) gösteriyor
Private User
14/2/2010 at 9:46 ÖS

@Cornelia Gay Moore please pick the parents without the % after their name. i am trying to separate our trees. but since some of the profiles are already merged ( some incorrectly) i can no longer get into this profile to fix her parents. also she needs to be separated from being married to herself. i cannot find that profile (yet) to undo it..if you can go ahead.
i am trying to leave as much of the tree intact as i can. but some were already merged. i am not sure how we are going to deal with that just yet. we can always reput in our information, but i am not sure how you are sitting with yours ( do you have a backup?) there will be holes on both sides of the tree, but i am trying to keep them to a minimum. sorry it didnt work out, but let me know if i can be of help to put your tree back together.
sincerely,
kathy

27/8/2010 at 6:24 ÖS

I couldn't find your message as Geni doesn't tell where it is-stumbled across it just now looking for another message. I am extreemly unhappy with the damage that's been done to my tree. I've had 3 groups of people come in and take it over for themselves. one I invited by accident, thinking they were a real cousin when they were not related except through marriage, and they stole my whole tree and redid it to suit themselves. I forced them out but there's two I have no idea how got in. I wish I'd never invited them and I am so frustrated and disgusted that I don't even work on my tree any more. every time I try to, someone comes in and either undoes everything I've just done, or they go and erase another section of my tree. I'm really mad about that and about all the damage done.
I may, some day, upload my gedcom over all of the tree and have someone who has the time merge everyone. right now, I'm not too sure what I'll do. have to set aside the emotions first. I hand input everything before Geni supported gedcom. that's a lot of work.

Private User
27/8/2010 at 9:09 ÖS

if you had replied to me back in feb when i wrote this i still would have been able to fix the tree. but now i am no longer pro and since you have blocked me and i am no longer connected to your tree. i have no idea what to do now.
when joining trees, mistakes ,and difference s of opinions will always happen. i tried to save your tree when i was disconnecting our tree. but that line finally gave up and we deleted our whole tree on that side and started over. you lost out on a lot of lines, you didnt have and so did we.
if by chance you run across any names that we are still attached to in your tree, just simply ask me for management of the profiles and i will be more then happy to relinquish them to you.after all ...i am only related by marriage,

Private User
27/8/2010 at 9:42 ÖS

I'm not sure why I was added to this email chain... But if I've undone anything unknowingly, I do apologize. I don't believe I have. I'm not sure where we're even connected at this point. Geni is so cumbersome and impossible to follow. HUGE swaths of my tree are now completely missing since "collaborating" with people, I can't determine who did what to it, and other branches list the same people 15 times with no way to remove the redundancies. Geni has some great features, but most of them are just awful. I wish I didn't become a pro for the two year deal. I am stuck with this awful product. And yet every once in a while, I find leads that I can't find on Ancestry. I have started moving over to putting my tree on paper and on Reunion, which is housed on my own computer where NO ONE can touch it but me. Good luck, Cornelia.

Private User
27/8/2010 at 9:46 ÖS

cornelia. i to input everything by hand. do not understand the download process, but will say this. our histories are really not personal and we do not own our trees. we are simply caretakers of the knowledge of our history. you must realize that by 20 generations you have hundreds of thousands of potential grandparents. and each one of those grandparents are related to hundreds of thousands of descendants. some by blood some by marriage. both equally important.. there is only one correct tree-i welcome any correction of errors. if there are differences of opinion on what the facts are then more research must be done till the correct tree is defined. understand that we can never know who all our grandparents were. sometime we hit a branch who are well known. sometimes the branch just dead ends. if your cousins change things that were correct and now are wrong you have to work with them to correct the history. work work & more work. huge! hang in there cornelia and don't lock up your profiles. have faith it will all work our.

28/8/2010 at 8:41 ÖS

I couldn't find this back in February. or early in August. Geni wouldn't tell me where it was, either. I had to stumble across it in my search for a way to send a long message out to people. I'm technically challenged, so get very, very frustrated with Geni

everyone's connected because it's the public message board. I might have reined in some of my frustration if I'd understood that from the beginning.

I'm not talking about 20 generations back. I don't even have 20 generations in my tree-unless someone else stuck them in without my knowledge. I've been so exasperated with Geni and all the mess I haven't been poking into the corners of the tree. I don't have any problem with other people working on early generations, but I've had 4th generation families and their ancestors wiped clean out of my tree. it isn't my known or even relatively close unknown cousins who are changing things, it's people I don't know from adam who when I check their profile aren't related to me in any form. who are they? how did they get hold of my tree and if they aren't related to me why are they in my tree and why are they tearing it apart?!

as for gedcoms, look at the bottom of the page, there's a copyright symbol, 2010 Geni, inc., then a bunch of blue words, one that says GEDCOM. go there and follow instructions. hope it helps everyone who's exasperated with hand input.

Private User
28/8/2010 at 9:01 ÖS

do not understand why anyone would change reality. you are related to who you are related to....facts are facts.....if you are linked to me your tree goes all over the place and very far back sometimes. literally a "large oak" it is frustrating but worth the fight.

Private User
29/8/2010 at 9:02 ÖS

cornilia, if you would like to give it another try to fix the wholes in your tree i can send you on to antonie jongewaard. he would be able to reattach your tree to his and fill in the wholes. but you have to give him time to do it. i have given him full permission on that side of the tree and will not invite anyone to it...it is all up to him. it is the only way i can think of to fix your tree. if you would like, just email me and i will send it on.

Private User
30/8/2010 at 11:15 ÖÖ

Same her. Don't know why I was included in the messagebut if I am the guilty one please let me know which profiles and I will look at my sources/proofs and if it is the incorrect ones I will undo it.

Private User
9/9/2010 at 8:09 ÖS

nooo, noone but i am guilty of anything in that area of the tree. it is my fault because i linked the trees in the first place. that is really the only crime here. just too enthusiastic about finding relatives ^U^

Bütün mesajları (10) gösteriyor

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion