The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Adoption?

Started by Sarah Gaultois on Monday, March 1, 2010
Showing all 4 posts
3/1/2010 at 8:31 AM

Found the Geni "Help", way way down in small print at the bottom of the page. Here is what they say on the matter:

" How can I display an adoption on my Tree?
We currently do not have a way to represent this on the site. Therefore, you may choose to work on separate Trees until the option becomes available. Otherwise, you may choose to create a secondary node on the same Tree to include the other set of parents"

Can't say I find this very helpful, but I guess I will just leave Al as a "merge issue" for now. I actually find that funny since what else is adoption but a merge issue, really? lol

1/20/2011 at 12:33 AM

i made mine a relationship between the birth name and the adopted name. when the option becomes available, ill just merge the two.

1/20/2011 at 4:16 AM

Sarah,
just a minor recommdation - As the Geni tree can't properly display a "Parent-Conflict", you might want to put links and/or an explanation in the About-Me part of her profile.

1/20/2011 at 5:50 PM

My solution same as Nicholas, the profile being a partner of his/her self, one for link to birth-parent and ancestor, the other link to spouse and descendatns.
Put notes in the About-Me part in each profile.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion