• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
3/3/2010 at 8:32 AM

Antonio was born in Bologna which is in the province of Medicina and Emilia-Romagna.
He left Italy in his teens and landed in Brazil. While working in the interior (in the area of the Mato Grosso) he heard the Bolivian government was looking for people with agricultural backgrounds. Since he was raised in an Italian farm, he migrated to Bolivia for a future in agriculture. He was successful in this endeavor and soon he had his own vineyard. He later invested his money in 3 mines (according to Ida Moraga-Lenzi). Since he never became a bolivian citizen, he was offered the job of becoming the Italian Consul in the city of Oruro. He accepted this post ans served until the end of WW2. His wife Maria, our grandmother, was his second wife. He divorced his first wife. I wonder if there was ever a coroner's report about his accidental death? Antonio was buried in Oruro. His remains were moved to Cochabamba at a later date.

-Erik Moraga

Private User
3/21/2010 at 11:56 AM

Off and on, I've also heard that he had a chocolate factory (also via Ida -- but sometimes she remembers this, sometimes she denies it).

Private User
4/8/2010 at 10:33 AM

Always ask for PROOF, Kent. Anything else is considered hearsay. Also consider your source...........

Private User
4/8/2010 at 2:53 PM

Good idea, Erik. Please provide proof of the following:
1. That he was born in Italy.
2. That there is a PROVINCE of Medicina
3. That he landed in Brazil
4. That he was raised on a farm.
5. That he immigrated into Bolivia for a future in agriculture.
6. That he had a vineyard.
7. That he owned 3 mines.
8. That he worked for the consulate
9. That he lived in Oruro.
10. The date that he left the consulate.
11. That he had a first wife.
12. That he was divorced.
13. That our grandmother's name is Maria.
14. That he was buried in Oruro.
15. That his remains were moved to Cochabamba.

You understand, of course, that considering the source, everything else is just heresay. Thanks for the good guidance. I look forward to your posting of scanned documents or internet addresses to on-line materials to support your 15 assertions above.

Thank you!

Private User
4/15/2010 at 5:37 AM

You conveniently omitted your source, my little cricket. It was mom who is over 90 years old, exhibits moments of dementia and is suffering now from Alzheimers. Remember too that I am old enough to be your father and had the chance to meet our grandparents. You did not. Furthermore, I have access to documents in Spanish, my own native language. You do not speak Spanish or any other language, etc. So you missed on alot of our immediate family history. But kudos to you for trying to find more about it. Me comprendes, mi querido pichon?

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion