The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

John "The Marshal" fitzGilbert & sibella d'Evereaux doubtful

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
3/16/2010 at 11:20 AM

I have not been able to find any reference to a union between John "the Marshall" fitzGilbert and a Sibella d'Evereaux or Devereaux only Sybil of Salisbury daughter of WALTER FitzEdward de Salisbury & his wife Matilda de Chaources.

If one of the managers, or anyone has any sources supporting a Sibella Devereaux then I will not unconnect but if I get no response I before long then I will unconnect these, in my view erroneous connections.
Terry

Private User
3/16/2010 at 3:45 PM

@ Terry I did find info that says that John "the Marshall" fitzGilbert was married
to Sybil of Salisbury Devereaux see http://en.rodovid.org/wk/Person:261278
Salisbury is where she was born.
I was also able to merge several of John's profiles

3/16/2010 at 4:46 PM

@Ofir, Obviously by the number of duplicates with Sybil devereaux there was going to be at least one tree online somewhere that people were uploading to Geni. What I am looking for is a source which is supported by primary or secondary evidence. This is what makes the Medlands site so reliable. I was able to complete merges too but was not going to do so until I was certain they were correct.

Private User
3/16/2010 at 5:01 PM

so I hope that by doing the merges; I did'nt mess up too much that area for you

3/18/2010 at 5:50 PM

I am sure this was in a big mess before you did these merges!
I am trying to sort out in my head (and on paper) what is what before I make any changes. I think the Marshalls have been confused with de Clares who they married
I can't find de Venuz or a reference to Sybil of Salisbury being the same as d'Evereux.

But I've got to get to bed now!
I'll look again tomorrrow.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion