The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

second generation

Started by Smith Hutchings on Friday, March 19, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 1 post
3/19/2010 at 3:57 AM

3. William BUZBY -C+ was born about 1666 in Milton, Kent, England. He died on December 5, 1716 in Oxford Township, Philadelphia, Pa.. He was living 1693 (taxed in) in Oxford Twp, Phila. Co. Pa.. In 1693 William was Taxed in Oxford Twp., Phila. Co, Pa. Three years later, he and Richard Buzby pruchased large adjoining tracts of land, soon after increased to over six hundred acres, located in Oxford Township. The locality is now between Frankford and Olney, Philadelphia, Pa. He signed a will Dated Ocotber 17, 1816 in Proved: December 5, 1716 Oxford Twp, Phila. Co. Pa.. Will reads in part: To son, John Buzby, plantation bought of Robert Ewer, in Oxford Township, on Quissannaamans Creek containing about 248 1/2 acres; except stone messuage, which I leave to my wife for life, with privilege of cutting wood...etc.
To my wife, household goods and furniture, also tract of about 70 acres in Oxford Twp.
To daughter Elizabeth, wife of Roger Shalley, a tract of about 100 acres in Oxford Twp, purchased from Thomas Fairman.
Residue to my wife Sarah and my son John, equally.
Execrs: my wife Sarah and my son John; my brother Richard to assist them.

From Pa. Wills 1682-1834: Buzby, William, Oxford Twp. Phila., Co., Yeoman, October 17, 1716, December 5, 1716. D64, Daughter Elizabeth, wife of Roger Shalley. Edward Orpwood, John Harper, December'd., Qisanaaman's Creek, John Shallcrose Tackony, Miriam Seary, John Worrall, Edward Shippen, December'd., Thomas Fairman mentioned.
Executors: Wife Sarah and son John. Advisor: Bro. Robert Buzby. Witnesses: John Worrell, Andrew Frazar and Charles Brockden.

He was married to Sarah H. (Maiden?) SEARY -i+ on August 11, 1685 in Abington MM. From: Marriages and Deaths of Montgomery Co., 1685-1800 Sarah H. (Maiden?) SEARY -i+ was born about 1665. She died in 1736/37. She was held Oxford MM's in her home until MH built 1684 As a Widow, Sarah in held MM's in her home until completion of MH 1684. She signed a will Proved 1736 in Oxford Twp., Phila. Co., Pa.. Sarah's Will proved 1736 mentions daughter Mariam Kenton, wife of Thomas Kenton;
grandchildren, John, William and Sarah Buzby; William, Thomas and Deborah Kenton.
Executors: Thomas and Mariam Kenton.
From Pa. Wills 1682-1834: Buzby, Sarah, Oxford, Phila., Co., November 5, 1736, October 23, 1736. F15. Child; Mariam Kenton, wife of Thomas Kenton. Grandchildren: John William and Sarah Buzby; and William Thomas and Deborah Kenton. Exec: Thomas John Shallcross, William Barton and Mirick Davies. She was also known as Cerie; Teary. William BUZBY -C+ and Sarah H. (Maiden?) SEARY -i+ had the following children:

+10 i. John BUZBY I-C.
+11 ii. Elizabeth BUZBY -C+.

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion