I feel leery about the connection with Cristina and Elvira

Marieliz Monclova De Jesus tarafında başlatıldı, tarih: 27 Mart 2010, Cumartesi

Katılımcılar:

Bahsedilen Profiller:

Bütün mesajları (6) gösteriyor
27/3/2010 at 9:07 ÖS

if Manuel was alive in 1910, than it would not be the father of Victoriano, since Victoriano mother Elvira de La Cruz was listed as a widow in 1910.

We need more information before we can make this connection, right? :)

Private User
28/3/2010 at 8:50 ÖÖ

I tend to agree with that Boriquita. The possibilty is more likely that Manuel & Jose were related. That would still make Manuel much older than Cristina, although, I suppose, not uncommon for that era.

Private User
29/3/2010 at 5:54 ÖÖ

We should also remember that people were not always *necessarily* being truthful to the census. The 1910 census was the first "American" census on the island and I can't imagine that all people had the instinct to tell the complete truth to the new government! Records are awesome, but they can't tell the whole story.

29/3/2010 at 11:02 ÖÖ

I am not familiar with the fact of whether you know Spanish or not, so I am going to translate this statement my way, LOL, and let me know whether or not you know how to read Spanish...I'm pretty sure you do.

Here they state that Victoria father is Jose Monclova, and that Victoriano is their eldest son. If this is the case, there are some errors on the trees that we need to correct. Manuel and Cristina are another couple all together. We need to figure out how they fit it in.

En cuanto al nombre del papa de Victoriano es Jose Monclova y segun la informacion q tengo q es lo q le estoy preparando a Nico el mismo era de natural de Corsega, Espana asi como Elvira De La Cruz y ambos llegaron a PR en el 1851 y ya estaba embarazada de Victoriano que nacio en el 1852 por lo q es el hijo mayor de ambos.

Victoriano I was told had 17 kids, there are only a few of them listed, we need more of Victoriano's kids. Victoriano had more than one sweetheart.

Private User
29/3/2010 at 11:07 ÖÖ

¡Sí! Aunque hablo y escribo *mejor* en ingles, puedo leer español, también. Parece que todavia hay la pregunta ¿Quién fue Manuel?!

3/4/2010 at 6:57 ÖS

Since it is listed that Elvira de La Cruz was widow in 1910 in the census, it would only make sense that Manuel Monclova (alive in 1910 and married to Cristina) is not Elvira de La Cruz husband, but possibly her son. Jose Monclova was the name given to me many years ago by the family as being the father of Victoriano Monclova and Elvira de La Cruz. Since there is a 1910 census listing Manuel Monclova, obviously Manuel Monclova could not have been a father at the age of 10 years old (with a widow in 1910), with an 18 year old woman. This would make no sense. My mother stated that her grandfather "Gueta" aka "Pascacio" gave her the name of her grandfather as Jose Monclova, not Manuel.

I was busy today, but I'm going to try to call Catalina, Sunday.

Bütün mesajları (6) gösteriyor

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion