Rev. Morris James and Descendents

Started by Glenn Roberts on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
3/30/2010 at 10:40 AM

Looking for James descendents of Rev. Morris James, Born Wales, about 1785, came to Pittsburgh PA in 1840 and was associated with the Chatham Street Baptist Church of Pittsburgh. Children were William, and possibly John and Elizabeth. Morris died 1844 Pittsburgh PA, cannot find a burial place for him. If you are connected to this family please contact me. I would very like to share information with you.

Glenn Roberts,
gcrmerc@st-tel.net

Private User
5/29/2010 at 11:55 AM

@Reverend Morris James
The following is information I have on Reverend Morris James and his son, William.

Reverend Morris James and his family came to America in 1830 and settled somewhere in the vicinity of Pittsburg, PA.

His wife Jane, also born in Wales about 1785, died February 27, 1864. Both the 1850 and 1860 Nebraska Censuses show that Jane was living with her son William and his wife Amelia in Nebraska.

Sometime after the 1860 Nebraska census, Jane moved back to Ohio where she passed away in 1864. Records show that she died and is buried in Raccoon TP, Gallia, Ohio in Beman Cemetery.

William James (c.1812 - 1873)
Place of Burial: Salem, Nebraska
Birth: circa 1812 - Wales
Death: February 10, 1873 (61) - North Salem, Richardson, Nebraska
Immediate Family: Son of Reverend Morris James and Jane James
Husband of Amelia James
Father of David W. James, Ann Williams, Elizabeth Rickabaugh, William James, John James and 6 othersDavid W. James, Ann Williams, Elizabeth Rickabaugh, William James, John James, Joshua James, Agnes Richards, George Richards, Charles James, Mary James and Elmer James
Brother of John James

6/1/2010 at 6:31 PM

Your information on Morris James matches mine perfectly. I wonder if you have any further information on other children of Morris and Jane James? I believe I have possibley linked a daughter Elizabeth A. James who married a David Davis, as well as a possible brother John J. James who was an "iron puddler in Zanesville Ohio.

I am curious if any of this sounds familiar. My wife is a descendent of George E. James son of William and Amelia. If you are interested we have photo's of Rev. Morris James family bible and many old "tintype" photographs we can not identify.

If you would like more info please email us at gcrmerc@st-tel.net
as we would like to visit further on this James family!

Thanks, Glenn Roberts

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion