The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Merge Issues

Started by Leslie on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Participants:

• Leslie
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

• Leslie
    Geni member
Showing all 4 posts
Leslie
3/30/2010 at 8:31 PM

Okay I will be honest I am pretty new at this Geni Program. I was moving right along slowly but surely and was so proud of myself for getting to my seventh great grandparents. I had only ONE merge issue and I wanted to ahve ZERO. I corrected the spelling of my seventh great grandmother and thus should have resolved the only issue I had. The next morning... I was overwhelmed with a total of 6,126 merge issues. AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I really do not want the gazillionth cousin a billionth times removed on my tree. I just would like to have my grandparents from the seventh generation back. Nothing else.

What does everyone suggest I do about these ever increasing merge issues. Any ideas or do I just need to crawl under a rock and hide. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie J. Thomas

Private User
3/30/2010 at 8:52 PM

You could try undoing your last merge.

Private User
3/30/2010 at 9:30 PM

@Leslie :

I suspect you are seeing the merge issues of your collaborators, and not just your own.

Goto your merge issues [http://www.geni.com/list/merge_issues ]... select "Show advanced controls" at the top of the list (right next to "Leslie Thomas (Born Baby Girl Hill)'s Merge Issues").

UNCHECK the box next to "Include Collaborators". This should greatly reduce the number of merge issues you see.

Jason P Herbert

Leslie
3/31/2010 at 8:37 AM

Thank you Jason!!

I unchecked the box to include my collaborators and now I have a total of... (drum roll please)... ZERO merge issues.

You made my day. thanks again.

Leslie

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion