First Name

Started by Kerry Kurtz on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Lura
    Geni member
Showing all 3 posts
4/14/2010 at 11:17 AM

According to the records of the 1911 census in southern Alberta her first name is spelled "Lura" without an "a"

4/14/2010 at 7:35 PM

News to me Kerry any family records I have Grandma's name was spelled with an "a". I gather you are doing some research on family. Did you know her maiden name was Jackson ? I would be very interested in all you find. Both sides Atkins as well.Luv Mom

4/15/2010 at 11:02 AM

Yes, been doing research. I knew about Jackson only because of you entering it in here. But because of so many "John Cress'es" in Ohio (I counted over 30 for the 1870 census in 7 different counties) I had to go trying to find a birthday (at least a month/year) - notice I updated birth dates (at least month/year) so that I could continue on the research without going in circles.
And, as I find info I will do updates (or discussions in case I am interpreting the clues wrong).
And family doc's spelling with the "a". Because the pronunciation would have been almost the same (most likely with an Ohio accent it would have sounded identical) she may have adopted using that spelling as a way of not having to explain the correct spelling.

Luv, Kerry

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion