Friend Requests

Started by Patrick Hays on Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
5/4/2010 at 4:38 AM

I have found that I can no longer view some people who I invited to the tree, nor can I see profiles that I have merged with collaborators. For that reason I'm now having to do "Friend requests" to previous collaborators and to relatives whose profiles I created in the first place to work on the same parts of the tree that I was able to work on before. So, if you are wondering why you are getting a friend request from somebody who you are already collaborating with or who invited you to the tree in the first place, that's why.

Private User
5/5/2010 at 11:06 AM

I am experiencing the same difficulties. Geni has become a real mess since they implemented the latest seurity measures. Even when you get a friend acceptance, there are still profiles that are locked from view and/or editing due to the many collaborators managing profiles on a tree. In addition, completing a merge on a duplicate profile has become impossible even though the merge was agreed upon by both profile managers. I just wish they would back out that last update because it certainly is more of a hinderence than a help.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion