Parents of Hannah Richardson m. Darby McCarty

Started by Private User on Friday, May 7, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
Private User
5/7/2010 at 3:28 AM

I had suspected for a while that Hannah McCarty (Richardson)'s parents weren't Joseph Richardson and Elizabeth Bevan. I have found a few sources which show she wasn't. How can I fix this now that her profile has been merged with others with this exact lineage?

Notes for HANNAH RICHARDSON:
Parents maybe William Richardson,b. Sep.19,1702, Chelmsford, England, d. 1776 and Elizabeth Coburn

Some sources show Joseph Richardson and Elizabeth Bevan as parents of Hannah, who married Darby McCarty, per " Magna Charta Barons and their Descendants" by Charles H. Browning this is not true.
from http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/r/o/s/Michael-F-Rose/GEN...

and on page 177 of "Marion in the Welsh Tract" Hannah is not listed as a child of Elizabeth Bevan and Joseph Richardson
http://books.google.com/books?id=fmiqHA3Fe2oC&pg=PA53&lpg=P...

5/7/2010 at 3:59 AM

If you have the pro "cut relationships" feature, and there are no outstanding mergers around her, you are supposed to be able to do this simply:

- Go to profile on tree
- Choose "Edit"
- Choose the "Relationships" tab
- Wait a long time for the relationships to fill in
- Pick her parents from the list of relations
- Hit "Remove"

Then you can drag the proper parents into the now-vacant spots.

There's another method that I don't think requires Pro:

- Create a new profile for her, with name and proper parents
- Merge this profile with her current profile. There's now a yellow triangle icon, indicating multiple parents.
- Resolve the conflict in favour of the parents you want.

Unfortunately, there are multiple profiles I've found where both methods fail - the first one because the parents aren't on the relationship list despite being shown on the tree; the second one because Geni says "Sorry, picking those parents would split the tree".

Sigh.

Private User
5/12/2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi Harald,
I am not a Pro member any longer and Hannah's main profile manager hasn't responded to my message to her. What else might you suggest?

5/12/2010 at 11:43 AM

well, you're currently listed as the main manager... if you're certain about it, then declare the profile public so I can see it (or add me to your family group), and I can help you (or try to) delete the incorrect parents....

Private User
5/18/2010 at 5:43 PM

Private User
I am one of your collaborators. Did you resolve your issue? The profile for Hannah is not "public" so I can't tell.

Private User
5/19/2010 at 2:00 AM

Sorry, I hadn't responded before. Hannah's profile is now public. The issue is still unresolved. I think, for the time being, just removing her parents will do. That is, until we can be sure about her real parents.

Private User
5/19/2010 at 7:34 PM

Private User
I have separated Hannah from the parents that were listed. You can now add the correct parents when you are sure of the right ones. I am a Pro member, so if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I'll do my best.
Regards,
Maria

Private User
5/20/2010 at 12:43 AM

Thank you for your help Maria.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion