Parents of Hannah Richardson m. Darby McCarty

Started by Private User on 2010年5月7日(星期五)

参与者:

Profiles Mentioned:

显示全部8条评论
Private User
2010年5月7日上午 3点28分

I had suspected for a while that Hannah McCarty's parents weren't Joseph Richardson and Elizabeth Bevan. I have found a few sources which show she wasn't. How can I fix this now that her profile has been merged with others with this exact lineage?

Notes for HANNAH RICHARDSON:
Parents maybe William Richardson,b. Sep.19,1702, Chelmsford, England, d. 1776 and Elizabeth Coburn

Some sources show Joseph Richardson and Elizabeth Bevan as parents of Hannah, who married Darby McCarty, per " Magna Charta Barons and their Descendants" by Charles H. Browning this is not true.
from http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/r/o/s/Michael-F-Rose/GEN...

and on page 177 of "Marion in the Welsh Tract" Hannah is not listed as a child of Elizabeth Bevan and Joseph Richardson
http://books.google.com/books?id=fmiqHA3Fe2oC&pg=PA53&lpg=P...

2010年5月7日上午 3点59分

If you have the pro "cut relationships" feature, and there are no outstanding mergers around her, you are supposed to be able to do this simply:

- Go to profile on tree
- Choose "Edit"
- Choose the "Relationships" tab
- Wait a long time for the relationships to fill in
- Pick her parents from the list of relations
- Hit "Remove"

Then you can drag the proper parents into the now-vacant spots.

There's another method that I don't think requires Pro:

- Create a new profile for her, with name and proper parents
- Merge this profile with her current profile. There's now a yellow triangle icon, indicating multiple parents.
- Resolve the conflict in favour of the parents you want.

Unfortunately, there are multiple profiles I've found where both methods fail - the first one because the parents aren't on the relationship list despite being shown on the tree; the second one because Geni says "Sorry, picking those parents would split the tree".

Sigh.

Private User
2010年5月12日上午10点13分

Hi Harald,
I am not a Pro member any longer and Hannah's main profile manager hasn't responded to my message to her. What else might you suggest?

2010年5月12日上午11点43分

well, you're currently listed as the main manager... if you're certain about it, then declare the profile public so I can see it (or add me to your family group), and I can help you (or try to) delete the incorrect parents....

Private User
2010年5月18日下午 5点43分

Private User
I am one of your collaborators. Did you resolve your issue? The profile for Hannah is not "public" so I can't tell.

Private User
2010年5月19日上午 2点00分

Sorry, I hadn't responded before. Hannah's profile is now public. The issue is still unresolved. I think, for the time being, just removing her parents will do. That is, until we can be sure about her real parents.

Private User
2010年5月19日下午 7点34分

Private User
I have separated Hannah from the parents that were listed. You can now add the correct parents when you are sure of the right ones. I am a Pro member, so if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I'll do my best.
Regards,
Maria

Private User
2010年5月20日上午12点43分

Thank you for your help Maria.

显示全部8条评论

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion