Sharing on Facebook

Started by Noah Tutak on Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
5/19/2010 at 1:33 PM

Cross-posting from the Geni Forum:

We've added some great new ways to share your genealogy with your Facebook friends. You'll notice "like" buttons on many public Geni pages, such as profiles, trees, documents, and relationship paths. If you like one of these pages, it will share a link to the page with your Facebook friends. You can even see if any of your Facebook friends have liked the same page!

Use the share this path link beneath your relationship path on a profile to see a full page view of that path and share it on twitter, facebook, or by email. This is a great way to show others how you are related to someone. These paths can be viewed by anyone, even if they are not a Geni user.

Note: All of these features are completely optional and opt-in. We do not share anything on Facebook without your explicit consent. No one can use these features to share anything on facebook they couldn't share without these features - they are merely tools to make sharing easier.

5/19/2010 at 2:16 PM

Nice but I would prefer a "Gun" to kill off zombies, and force inactive managers to hand over profiles.

5/19/2010 at 2:37 PM

Michael, we released some enhancements to working with private profiles as well. See the announcement here: http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000008817395551

Private User
5/19/2010 at 2:43 PM

Michael, lol!!! I have to agree totally. I realize, Noah that your bread and butter depends on pushing the "fluff", but those of us in the trenches could use a little practical help here. I truly have better things to do than waste precious time trying to get around the enormous hurtles to getting the big tree merged, while those sucked in from the glitz on facebook take a look at the mess and run the other way. What are you really gaining here. Get the infrastructure taken care of first!!!

5/19/2010 at 5:04 PM

Private User anyone can lok at a public geni profile, whether or not they are on facebook. This just makes it easier for users to share links on facebook. This has nothing to do with editing.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion