Geni, Zombies, Merging, and FRUSTRATION!

Started by Daniel Oliver Deardorff on Sunday, May 23, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 3 posts
5/23/2010 at 9:44 PM

I have been following a lot of the conversations about zombies, merging, multiple entries, and working with Geni. I have got to say that, while I agree that we have work to do to make this a better experience, Geni is by-far the best system I have seen. When I go searching for information on the internet and run into other, older systems, I am reminded of how good it is. Yes I would like it to improve overnight, but lets remember back, say, three years ago. Whoodyn Whoody.

I have 3 inch thick books of genealogy. I will not have to leaf through them again. Geni is so great I can't stand it.

Of course, the way the web works, in five years I will say, "Man, Geni was really dumb!"

5/28/2010 at 4:31 PM

Dan, are you using the Pro version of Geni or the free version? What does the pro version provide? I assume you have the Coberly and Sailor genealogy books as do I. Your brother gave Mom "Pioneer Families of Missouri", another interesting book.

5/29/2010 at 1:33 AM

I am not using the Pro version. I don't think I have any books, but I would never know where to find stuff. On-line works well for me. I will leave the real work to you.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion