Started by Ethel (Terri) Huntwork on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Dana
    Geni member
Showing all 1 post
6/16/2010 at 9:20 PM

Hi,
I wrote to Jackson Nagle last year to learn more about Dana's family, because I am a cousin of hers. Though I have not seen Dana, Bill (and a younger brother Ben?), or their dad Eugene since I was about 12, I did see their mother Verna in her home in Tampa for a lovely lunch about 30 years ago. After my parents (Ray and Ethel Huntwork of Michigan) called her while we were visiting my inlaws and others in Florida, she invited my parents and me to lunch, served by the helper she had because she was not in good physical shape at the time. We had a very lovely visit, and she told us about having to care for Gene while his Alzheimer's progressed, until he got so bad she had to put him in a special care home. That was sad to hear, but she also told us fun things about her children and grandchildren. :)
I would hope Dana (or any of her close relatives) remembers the fun time our two families had when us Huntworks visited them in Tampa. Kathy and Margie were still pretty little kids (maybe 6 and 7 or so). Barb and Dot are older than I, and Barb was engaged at that time so waited on every word from her fiance while we were away from Michigan! We younger kids had fun playing on the beach where our two families rented a cottage for several days. I remember it being too hot to sleep at night, and using mosquito netting to keep the flies and skeeters off us! But all in all we had a great time. I took pictures of the planes flying to and from MacDill AFB nearby, and of the banana tree in your back yard! I was new with a camera and it fascinated me to take lots of pictures! Unfortunately, most if not all of them have been tossed or lost....
Anyway, I'd love to hear from any of the Graves family to share more, and/or to get access to more information on the greater family. Our family tree here AND in my Family Tree Maker files is missing a lot about that "branch."
Sincerely,
Terri Addison
nee Ethel Theresa Huntwork

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion