Someone who's a manager but not a Geni user?

Started by Harald Alvestrand on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
6/16/2010 at 11:52 PM

Came across this curious case:

Henrik Mathias Warberg lists Irene Olaug Pedersen as a (co-) manager. But when I go to her profile, it looks as if she's not a Geni user.

What's happened here?

Private User
6/17/2010 at 3:47 AM

Irene Olaug unclaimed, then reclaimed and then again unclaimed her account, so everything is a mess on those profiles and nobody have collaborator access to those profiles.

You should ask Geni to at least release Irene's profiles and if you look closer none of the administrators of that profile is users either.

Anyone who have edit access to the profile of Irene Olaug?

6/17/2010 at 2:50 PM

I also have seen a couple of those who seems to have left Geni. It would be nice if the Geni team lets PRO-users claim managment of profiles that does not response to requests over a period of (lets say) three months.

Private User
6/17/2010 at 3:25 PM

They already have a rule for one year of inactivity that will/is? reduced to 9 months, and after sending out a mail and still no login or response the public profiles will be released for free (the finders get them).

Profiles managed by active, just in-collaborative users will never be touched.

Claimed historical profiles will however be released for full after 14 days of notice when someone (usually me) reports them to Geni.

A major part of my managed profiles is from abandoned accounts either transferred to me from Geni staff because they were to tanged into others trees to be deleted, but also there are some large account users have asked me to take over since I collaborate with so many which makes them available for most users.

Hvorfor Engelsk forresten?

Apropos: Les, følg og delta i denne diskusjonen: http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000009079520813

6/17/2010 at 5:26 PM

Irene Olaug Pettersen is managed by Håvard Mangset Olsen

6/17/2010 at 10:49 PM

Just in case someone from Geni joins the conversation.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion