The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

wife Chatarina Hansdotter Berg?

Started by Maryann Rosie on Friday, June 18, 2010

Participants:

• Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
6/18/2010 at 6:53 AM

I was aware of Karin Eriksdotter (various trees) and Elisabeth Pedersdotter who is listed as his second wife in the Hammerdal herdaminne as wives for Erik Eriksson Blix but where is the evidence for this wife come from?

And the evidence that Hans is the son of this woman and not Elisabeth Pedersdotter?

Are there two Erik Eriksson Blix around the same age or...

6/18/2010 at 6:59 AM

sorry meant to say Hans is the son of this and not Karin Eriksdotter?

Private User
6/18/2010 at 7:26 AM

About what year(-s) are we talkin´ now? (Helps me find the right person...)

Private User
6/18/2010 at 9:04 AM

In 'Härnösands Stifts Herdaminne' by Leonard Bygdén , part III, page 109, it is noted that the daughter Catharina of Hans Nielsen Berg in Ragunda was wife of Erik Blix in Hammerdal. So the question remains: did Erik Blix have two wives before Elisabeth Pedersdotter? Karin Eriksdotter is never mentioned by Bygdén but by Bertil Hasselberg in the supplement.

6/21/2010 at 5:24 AM

'n Tomas
These people were born in the late 1500'-early 1600's
Hans Nielsen Berg was was the kykroherde in Ragunda from 1633-1658. I did find the reference that Catharina was Erik Blix's wife with Bo-Arne's help.

This is a confusing situation for me as Erik Blix is supposed to be one of my direct ancestors through son Karl(Carl) Eriksson Blix who lived at Sikås 8, Hammerdal f 1633- d 1698..

Three wives is certainly not impossible but in what order?? Hans Eriksson Blix was born in 1612 and was Erik's first born as far as I know and I have a total of 11 possible children for Erik Eriksson Blix c 1575-1637.

Eisabeta ought to be Erik's last wife based on dates of daughter Sophia 1626 and Barbara's birth as wife Karin supposedly died in 1617 and therefore most likely Karl's mother,
Karl is I think Erik's last child.

Karl however did not have a daughter Elisabeta, Karin or Catharina that I am aware of but only a son Erik and two daughters Sara and Märet with his wife Karin Pålsdotter of Sikås 8.

Son Erik is the father of Stig Eriksson , 5th great grandfather, who was a bonde in Ottsjön.

I was aware some issues about who Karl's mother is but all the information I have found says his father was Erik Eriksson Blix of Hammerdal.

The reason for the discussion at all is that I had Hans mother as Karin Eriksdotter but It makes sense I suppose that his mother could be Catharina.

Or there really are two Erik(Eriksson) Blix?? Just looking for the best answer. I can enter all this into my notes. I guess.

Private User
6/22/2010 at 1:52 PM

Eriks first wife was Karin Ersdotter, mother of 5 and probably dead some time before 1617. She was the daughter of Erik Joensson, (born ca 1540 and dead 1592. Priest in Ragunda.) mother Barbro Månsdotter

Second he married Elisabet Persdotter and had 5 children with her. (Could also be "Pedersdotter" depending on which sourze to look in...)

Erik, as you maby know(?) was the son of Erich Mogensen Blix (ca. 1540 - 1611) He was, as his son, a priest in Oviken.

Erich Mogensen Blix was the son of Mogens Olsson Blix (ca 1490 - 1557)

6/22/2010 at 5:04 PM

Yes that is the information I have but I have 11 children for Erik and now a third wife lol.

Thanks for your input.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion