The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Ten Eyck to Heck Mystery

Started by Private User on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
6/23/2010 at 12:03 PM

My 4th great grandfather (from the information I've been able to glean through) was a rich business man before the Revolutionary War by the name of Andrew Ten Eyck. If you work forward in the Ten Eyck line there is no further information on this name after the war, just as there is no record of Andrew Heck prior to the end of the war. I just happened to stumble across this connection one day last year and have found several connections since then with the same information. I had my doubts at first, figuring that I'd crossed my wires somewhere, but it is very possible that our Andrew Ten Eyck became Andrew Heck in order to evade some type of legal ramifications. In the information that I discovered he lost all of his wealth during the war and apparently owed the government a great deal of money......I am still looking for information on this man. He must have been a colorful character in his time. At this point in time I'm just hoping that I'm on the right track as I have been hitting brick walls left and right when it comes to the Heck side of this family tree. Wish me luck!!

3/25/2013 at 6:56 PM

Have you found anything more about it?
I ran into same brick wall.
Richard heck
contact me at rheck1301@gmail.com

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion