Introducing the Curator Team

Started by Pam Wilson on Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 361-376 of 376 posts
Private User
9/28/2012 at 11:02 AM

Wow, Bjorn, those are tragic tales. Thanks for the update.

J

Private User
9/28/2012 at 12:49 PM

Thank you Shmuel and Hatte to the links to the wikis and Project about the Curators. Geni has so much information that it is easy to not know or lose track of where some of it is.

9/28/2012 at 5:16 PM

You're welcome Private User. I find the project very useful. I agree with you and for me the Wikis are the last place I look...

9/29/2012 at 1:27 AM

Re the wiki: I use it as a scratchpad area for things that concern more than one person. I find it far more useful than keeping stuff on my own computers - since I know it's shared, I don't have to worry about who sees it, and since it's in the cloud, I don't have to worry about which computer I kept them on, and since I can link from my personal page, I don't lose track of the notes.
I think it's under-utilized. I would be sad to see it go away.

9/29/2012 at 8:10 AM

Good points Harald Alvestrand but it is the case that Geni has an embarrassment of riches -- both in methods to accomplish something and in information / help sources -- and it makes it very complex even for those who are regular users and not technically naive.

Private User
3/5/2013 at 5:50 AM

Hi I am a new Curator

I am English speaking South African, but can speak Afrikaans as well.

My occupation is Industrial Design Consultant (consumer product development)

My main genealogical research interests are far reaching. I am interested in the early arrivals in the Cape including researching aspects of the Slave trade especially the history those originating from Madagascar. I am interested in the Anglo Boer war, especially the research of the prisoner of war camps overseas particularly in St Helena and Ceylon. I am interested in the early pioneers in Kimberley and Johannesburg. I am interested in researching the Gold rush to Pilgrims Rest and particularly the minting of the Veldpond during the Anglo Boer war.

I am looking forward to collaborating with the Geni Curator family, and from what from all the discussions I have read, I can see they are a great bunch of people, and I am very happy and proud to be part of the group!

3/5/2013 at 6:11 AM

Welcome to the curator Team Donovan!

Private User
3/5/2013 at 6:18 AM

Donovan, welcome aboard!

3/5/2013 at 7:32 AM

Welcome Private User.

3/5/2013 at 7:59 AM

Welcome aboard Private User.

3/5/2013 at 8:54 AM

Welcome Private User

Private User
3/5/2013 at 9:28 AM

Welkom !
(Donovan Paul Penaluna is Fred Bergman (gebruikers-helper)'s 19th cousin twice removed!

Private User
3/6/2013 at 1:36 PM

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome I am a new member of the team and curator.
I speak Spanish and English and translate Italian, French and Portuguese.
My area of work is Maritime Human Resources.

My interests are in the area genealogical Chile, the beginning of the republic.
Also my interests are of the first British who arrived on the coasts of Chile and Latin American countries.

Another one of my areas of GENI project is creation of Latin American painters, writers, photographers, architects, presidents., People on Clilean Stamps ,Chilean Pacific War etc.

I am willing to work and have done so since 2008 which was the date it enters GENI and I feel very comfortable and I found Curators and very friendly people and I am very happy to be part of the team.

3/6/2013 at 5:48 PM

Welcome, Private User!

Private User
3/6/2013 at 9:53 PM

Welcome to Jaime and Donovan!

Private User
3/7/2013 at 12:40 AM

Welcome to the team Jaime and again Donovan !

Showing 361-376 of 376 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion