Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing 31-38 of 38 posts
9/7/2010 at 8:59 PM

@Eldon - Search & filters are also needed!

"It takes several clicks" - It seems that Next link is not working perfecty and page numbers will also not react in first click.

Private User
9/7/2010 at 8:59 PM

Currently opening "merge center" through the "more" menu defaults to "tree matches." Please default it to "Profile Merges."

Private User
9/7/2010 at 9:40 PM

Lauri, Erica,
I didn't want to ask for too much at one time <G>.

Does anyone know if Noah is still watching now that he is president of Geni?

Private User
9/7/2010 at 10:03 PM

Eldon,

Noah is continuing to monitor discussions.

It's a short week in the United States: Labor Day holiday and Jewish New Year.

9/7/2010 at 10:42 PM

Yes, I am listening! The "profile deleted" issue should now be fixed. Changing pages in the merge center works, it just takes a few seconds, and there is no feedback that it is working. We should fix that. Unfortunately, displaying more per page (50?) would make this even slower.

You can use the checkboxes on the left side to create your own carousel of merge issues. Usually I click the checkbox on top to select a whole page and run through them. You can always bookmark the profile merges tab if you'd like to go straight there. We're looking at further sorting and grouping options. The idea is that, soon, there will be so few merge issues that none of this will be necessary :-)

Private User
9/8/2010 at 6:36 AM

I could be a LOT more productive if there was a way to prioritize the pending Profile Merge items in the Merge Center. That would allow us to take care of the easy/obvious ones quickly and go back to the ones that require additional research in order to confirm and complete.

In the very least, it would be extremely helpful if clicking on "Decide Later" would throw that one way back to the last page of pending Profile Merges.

9/8/2010 at 8:46 AM

WHAT IS THE PLAN OF ACTION???

Now that we have Curators who are working on different parts of the Tree, what should the rest of us be doing.

I am asking this because since the latest updates which created the 'Merge Center' all that i have been doing is Profile Merges.

I started off around 28,000+, went down to 14,000+ and now have seen it increased to 191,434.

I just want to be reassured that what I am doing is the best course of action...

Private User
9/8/2010 at 9:08 AM

Angus,

Is there an area of the tree you want to particularly work on right now? Your expertise is needed.

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion