ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn) / (שמואל אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 4981-5010 of 6229 posts
8/3/2012 at 11:30 PM

Thank you June. All the profiles are public now.

8/3/2012 at 11:55 PM

Cecil - have a look and see if it is correct now.

8/3/2012 at 11:56 PM

Cecil - if all is well you can set the profiles to private again

8/4/2012 at 11:20 PM

Hi June,

I feel so stupid. I made another error. Yacoub Jacques Mann Yacoub "Jacques" Mann is actually the brother of Elie Mann Elie Mannand NOThis son. I already have a Jacques Mann on Elie's profile, we will have to merge the profiles. I thank you so much for your help. BTW the profiles are all piblic because they are all deceased. Thank again for your help..

8/4/2012 at 11:38 PM

Hi Cecil - have a look to see if it is now correct!

8/5/2012 at 12:10 AM

Hi June, Thank you so much for your help and I appreciate your patience. Have a great day.

Private User
8/5/2012 at 7:08 AM

A question about my account.
I want to change banking facility for my account, how do I do that? Can´t find anywhere to change that in my profile. The payment method you choose in your first payment - thats where you will always stay. Just don´t ask me to send a ticket to Geni. Done that a number of times, for myself and for my ralatives, never got any answer. No one in the backoffice, it´s empty! When it comes to account-problems in Geni - you are on your own!

Private User
8/5/2012 at 7:28 AM

Tried the menu under your own name in the top right corner of your profile?
When when viewing your account setting you will find a menu named "Billing Information".

Personally I never let any company store my credit card info and always delete it when a payment using a credit card is completed. There is no reason to let any company store such info for you , - they might get hacked.

8/5/2012 at 7:41 AM

Yes, drop down menu under your name at the top right hand corner of the screen click on Account Settings
Then in this screen on the right, under 'My Account' , you'll find 'Billing Information' if you click on this it will take you to a screen which will display the last 4 digits of the credit card number in a box. In the bottom right hand corner of that box is the option 'edit or remove' and there's another box giving the option to 'add a card'.

I hope this helps solve your problem. I don't think you are ever alone here on Geni there are very many helpful people. Bjorn for one is extremely knowledgeable and ready to share that knowledge.

Private User
8/6/2012 at 1:17 AM

Can someone help with advice on two formatting issues in a project.

1. to insert colour into the headings

2. set an indent margin on a line with a bullet point - other than clicking the space bar

Thanks to anyone able to clarify this for me.

8/6/2012 at 3:21 AM

Pam - the only way to get colour into the heading is to have it as a blue link

Indented bullet >* or ># - no space at the beginning of the line

See also http://www.geni.com/projects/Working-with-Projects/12487

http://www.geni.com/projects/Geni-Wikitext-Unicode-and-images/8404

Hope this answers your questions!

Private User
8/6/2012 at 3:29 AM

Private User, - I once started on a project documenting Geni's wikitext support: http://www.geni.com/projects/Geni-Wikitext-Unicode-and-images/8404

You find help on indents there, but colors are not yet supported.
That project need to be updated for any changes lately, - I have for example found out how to display images from photo albums in the project description, and will try to get time for that later tonight.

Private User
8/6/2012 at 3:31 AM

You can however highlight a header by including an icon in it, like:
== {{sticker_new_right.gif}} Breaking news! ==

Private User
8/6/2012 at 3:33 AM

or use an image...

Private User
8/6/2012 at 4:36 AM

Thank you June and Bjorn for your suggestions and providing the links.
Questions indeed answered!

@Private User
There are a heap of photos and documents that I would like to add in the body of the project, if that is possible.

When you get a chance (no pressure though) to have a look it would be much appreciated.

Private User
8/6/2012 at 11:18 AM

Would someone please tell me when Polly (Hill) Davis was last online

Private User
8/6/2012 at 11:40 AM

Eldon over 2 yrs ago. I reported as abandoned tree.

Private User
8/6/2012 at 11:50 AM

Erica, thank you for checking. I was afraid of that. She is related to my wife somehow and should be in the tree I am building for my wife's 2nd cousin. Sixteen profiles added and she has merges with all of them. More data lost :-(

Private User
8/6/2012 at 8:14 PM

Another one please. Same tree :-( Private User

8/6/2012 at 8:16 PM

Private User

2009 created the tree same day she joined and has not been on Geni since

Private User
8/6/2012 at 9:01 PM

Thank you Angus

Private User
8/7/2012 at 6:32 AM

Private User and June Barnes

Using the Wikitext has made formatting the project so much simpler.
What a great tool!

Thank you.

8/8/2012 at 11:16 AM

Johannes F.Jung

I can't resolve conflicting data, because someone won't let me do it! Can someone unlock that part? Thank you

8/8/2012 at 11:17 AM

Jean-Pierre

I also can't resolve conflicting data on this one either.

8/8/2012 at 11:22 AM

Barbara Jean Shepard - I'm not sure why you couldn't; there were no locked fields. I did resolve them (check them to be sure I selected correctly!).

8/8/2012 at 11:39 AM

@Dan Cornett Thank You!

Private User
8/8/2012 at 2:56 PM

Ooops. typo.

Can anyone tell me when this Ssteven Kander was last on line

@http://www.geni.com/search?search_type=people&names=Ssteven+kander

Thanks

8/8/2012 at 4:41 PM

Feb 8, 2012

Private User
8/8/2012 at 5:28 PM

Thank you Randy!

Private User
8/9/2012 at 9:22 AM

Suspect that these people are still 'living'. Appreciate if their profiles could be made public.

Salomon Abrahamson
Betje Belia Cohen

thnx

Showing 4981-5010 of 6229 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion