half sister

Started by M. Eileen Raisch on Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
9/7/2010 at 3:48 PM

My mother Mary E. Myers Young is NOT a half sister-she is a sister to all the rest. Don't know who changed is and I don't know how to change it back so guess it will have to stay that way!!!Eileen

9/7/2010 at 5:27 PM

You can ask the manager of your mothers profile ( currently: Whitney Newton ) to change it back.

OR, and probably better, manage your own mothers details as you know them well:
On the right hand side of your mothers profile select "More Actions" and "Request Management of this Profile". Once Whitney approves it, you will both be managers of your mothers profile.

You might also want to request to collaborate with Whitney, by clicking on "Request to Edit Profile" on your mothers profile.

Hope that helps.

9/7/2010 at 5:32 PM

I forgot to mention:
- Being a manager will give you access to edit that profile; however
- Collaborating (if the current manager accepts the request) allows you both to:
- View and edit the Public profiles each manages
- Merge duplicate profiles together
- Correct relationships in the tree

So in this case requesting collaboration from Whitney seems to be the best option, as your mothers profile is public.

Geni has more details in their help pages:
http://help.geni.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&...

9/7/2010 at 5:52 PM

I didn't change it but I think I know what happened. When you added her mother you didn't add it with her father so it is showing up that her father was married twice and so when you added her siblings under her mother's name and not her father's it makes it show up as her being a half sister. I hope that makes since and helps some! Let me know if you need any more help. I can try to fix it if you want but it might be easier for you since you know all the people and everything.

Whitney

Whitney

9/12/2010 at 1:50 AM

The actual fixing should be pretty simple:

1) Select the "Edit Profile" option (in either the Tree or the profile itself).
2) Select the "Relationships" tab.
3) The first field on this form should be Parents, and this list should say something like "George Kerr Myers & Unknown". If you click on the list, you will see other options.
4) Select the correct one, and press the SAVE button at the bottom.

Shmuel-Aharon Kam
Geni Curator

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion