The ancestry line from Scandinavia to Tutankhamon contains grave mistakes

Started by Eero Ignatius on Saturday, September 11, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
9/11/2010 at 2:53 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if we tree-builders did our job with more critical eyes? Assumptions need to be made, but there are realities that we all should take into account, even when some information is missing.

Just for fun I checked who are the people between Tutankhamon (b. ca. 1370 BC) and myself, born in 1949. Geni suggests that he is my 73rd great grandfather, i.e. the average age on one generation is (1370+1949)/76 = 43,7 years, which is a bit too much.

But that is easily explained, as there are already two generations missing between @Göran Larsson Sparre af Rossvik (born 1530) and @Lars Sparre af Rossvik (born ca. 1400) presented as Göran's father. A bit farther back in time the credibility of the tree really gets a blow when @Åslaug 'Kraka' Sigurdsdotter (born 765) is presented as the mother of @Bjorn af Danmark (born ca. 1080). So let's start filling the holes...

Private User
9/11/2010 at 3:17 PM

There seems to be a lot of work to be done in that area for a "curator", or alike.

Private User
9/11/2010 at 4:19 PM

Eero!

Thanks for heads up. That Björn was wrongly connected to Aslaug and is put in proper place now.
Björn Ironside (Järnsida) is one of her sons though. And with a better timeline.

Hope this didn't cut your connection to Tutankhamon!!

=)
Susanna
PS. I am working with the Aslaug-family, please be very careful in this area.

Private User
9/12/2010 at 4:57 AM

I fully agree. I have noted the same with Julius Caesar.

9/12/2010 at 6:04 AM

Hello,
i totally agree with you. That the reason why i am using GENi as 3rd party
sourcess only. There are some many wrong data inside. It seems that
a lot of people are collectiing information only and do not check if it is
true and/or false. And a lot of people do not realize that below 1500/1600
you have to be very carefully with details. There are many which some
of people during that periode "tuned" to have a better family.

Private User
9/17/2010 at 5:37 AM

..and when self writing data to your managed profiles please write the sources also!

Thanks for Eero and other good comments.
Pekka

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion