Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 7 posts
Private User
9/13/2010 at 10:51 AM

There were 2 different Daniel Stover's, one born in PA, one born in VA who is an ancestor of Eisenhower. The internet is loaded with peoples trees that have the VA Daniel son in the PA family. Eisenhower envy I suppose. I found the VA Daniel Married to the PA wife in a tree here, Barbara Benedict. I just wanted to let everyone know who has an interest that I am going to move her to the PA Daniel.
Here's the PA Daniel tree:
http://www.geni.com/family-tree?ref=ph#6000000000514645531
Here is the VA Daniel tree:
http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000000518320759#600000000...

Private User
9/13/2010 at 11:02 AM

Now to figure the kids...

Private User
9/13/2010 at 11:02 AM

Private User
Thank you for straightening it out! I have the same problem with my Parks ancestors (one family in New England, one in Virginia), and I am constantly untangling the lines.

It certainly keeps us on our toes, doesn't it!

Private User
9/13/2010 at 11:25 AM

Anytime you guys want a curator note to "float" on a profile, tag the URL and a few words of text, be glad to do it for you. Also, be sure and put it in the perspective "overview" tabs as "disambiguation" notations.

Private User
9/13/2010 at 12:40 PM

When I get them untangled, it would be nice to put in a note explaining the difference between the 2 families. One family from Switzerland landed in VA, and the other from Germany landed in PA. The problem was so many people passed down the tale that they were related to Eisenhower and wanted to believe it so much they completely overlooked the obvious discrepancy that a family from PA showed a son born in VA. The internet is infested with pdf's of this lineage. I wish I could add a note to all these web sites telling them to remove the disinfo! This has been an issue for 10 years at least without question.
Still working on moving the kids around.

Private User
9/14/2010 at 10:58 PM

Go ahead and add the "disambiguation" detail in the "overview tab." The "curator note" has limited text input so needs to be something simple like "NOT the Virginia Daniels" "NOT the Pennsylvania Daniels" ...

Private User
9/15/2010 at 12:41 PM

Erica, i will at some point today. I was thinking that should be enough anyway since not that many people have a stake in the info. Love to scrub the internet of the Eisenhower pdf that is like a virus!

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion