Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
Showing all 4 posts
Private User
9/13/2010 at 3:00 PM

One more thing that is not available and I think could be very helpful and valuable is a FAMILY INDEX that includes family above the FAMILY GROUP nomination, including all those that were added by you and are not considered family anymore.
I have found that I have added many people that are so far removed from me that when I need to find them again, it can take me forever.
Such an index should be made in such a way that each name is a link to the person's profile.

Private User
9/13/2010 at 3:45 PM

This is probably a feature in the Pro account. I'm not against you here but there is a limit to what family I want in my overview page, though I think it should extend to grand parents, however the feature that provides a yellow tab on top of the page, which again I believe is a Pro account feature is nice and gets right to the point on this matter.

I think that is the case - Pro users.. Please provide input on this topic.

Private User
9/13/2010 at 4:15 PM

The index in most cases would be too large to be in your overview page.
The index would have its own page, and a link to it from the profile page and other pages as dimmed helpful and necessary.
Remember, Geni is for the masses, and you are not obligated to use any feature that you don't want or need, but helpful to many others.

Private User
9/13/2010 at 4:23 PM

There is already such a page - The relatives page which you can expand or collapse which provides I think the options you desire - The link to open or close the additional features are located under the main navigation.

Variety of options in ways to search within family. Maybe you are suggesting an idea for additional features? Don't know but the page exists.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion