• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni member
Showing all 10 posts
Private User
9/14/2010 at 1:11 PM

If one is unhappy with what he wrote, wants to change or add things, right now there is no easy way.
An EDIT prompt would help.

Private User
9/14/2010 at 9:37 PM

I would say this feature is certainly appropriate for the comments one posts, referring to comments, like on uploaded photos or videos for the purpose of corrections of typos and such as apposed to cut, paste and correct, then add new and delete the older, it should be like every other edit feature on that page - but here, the replies are all based on the specific discussion, generally a question. In that, if there are many replies and you edit or especially add to the original question without it showing as a new reply and the existing replies extend beyond the first page, I think you would never come to a conclusion because by default when the topic is clicked on, it loads the latest replies, therefore you would just post any new information in a new reply and the conversation can continue correctly from there.. Make sense?

Private User
9/14/2010 at 9:51 PM

I would like to see an "edit post" function in "public discussions."

Private User
9/14/2010 at 10:09 PM

I'm not against it, though as I cited unless that revision or addition shows as new in the posts then again - Everyone would be answering based on the original - In this arena it would have to load as new, keeping everyone on the same page.. So to speak.

Private User
9/14/2010 at 10:11 PM

Yes, you made a good point. I just want edit so I could take out the extraneous "use" in my post to you just now on another thread. :)

Private User
9/14/2010 at 10:24 PM

It's all good!

Private User
9/15/2010 at 4:44 AM

My thoughts for the EDIT function were for the possibility of using it before any other comments were made, so the reader can see as polished an argument as possible.
Of course once people have already commented, things are a bit different, yet I would still like the ability to EDIT the original, but this time maybe the print should be in a different color or font.

9/15/2010 at 7:25 AM

Ahh, so what you really want Daniel is a Post Preview option, so you can see what it will look like before posting.

Private User
9/15/2010 at 1:31 PM

Jonathan that is a good option, but as an idea matures in your head it changes slightly over time, and sometime even drastically, so an EDIT feature for later on is still a good idea, yet keeping in mind Ed's comments.

9/15/2010 at 2:35 PM

Well no one is preventing you from replying to your own post or deleting the original.
It would be odd to come into a conversation that starts one way, another person has already replied, then the original poster has changed the first post drastically thereby confusing everyone attempting to read the discussion.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion