Notifications

Started by Janice Weeks Hollenczer on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 10 posts
9/14/2010 at 11:17 PM

Is anyone else having a problem receiving notifications from geni? I've been having the problem since late May. Don't even receive gedcom notifications after generating one. All my settings are the same, and I log in with the same email address. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

9/15/2010 at 12:02 AM

I have experienced this same

The propably cause is mulfunctioning e-mail and resulting marked Your e-mail or domain as non-functional

There is two possible runarounds.

1. Let help@geni.com knows and fix the problem.

2. create "temporary" new mail aadress for Yourself (for example gmail or hotmail) and add this email to your account and then switch this to primary aadress.

the step 2 is neccessary becouse this help You get any comments from help into Your mailbox. And becouse You are PRO - You have to get response from HELP during short time

With bests
Henn

PS! I know that actually msn.com and hotmail.com using same mailing system, but sender threat those as different.

Private User
9/15/2010 at 4:59 AM

I had the same problem- for over a year! I quit receiving anything, checked all my settings, just like you. I gave up. Then one day, out of the blue, I started receiving everything again.

9/15/2010 at 10:52 AM

Try checking your spam folder, and check to see If you have the email address marked as spam. Sometimes you can do this by hiting the spam button instead of the delete and not even know you did it.

Private User
9/15/2010 at 3:43 PM

I had the same problem and put in an explicit allow on my ISP junkmail filter. Some filter rule had evidently been eating them before they ever got delivered to my Inbox.

9/15/2010 at 5:18 PM

Janice Weeks Hollenczer our system had your email address marked as "spam complaint" so as a result we stopped sending email. This typically is the result of the user clicking some kind of "This is Spam" button in their email client. I've cleared the flag so you should start receiving emails once more.

9/15/2010 at 7:37 PM

Henn, thank you so much for your help.
Tammy, thanks for your reply and glad your problem straightened itself out!
Marvin and Max (and Henn too), thank you both; it never occurred to me to check my settings since it happened all of a sudden - I didn't know hotmail and msn did things differently.
Michael, thank you very much for straightening my mail out. I don't remember hitting anything as spam, but anything is possible. Just very happy to be receiving emails once again.
Thank you all!

Private User
9/15/2010 at 9:53 PM

@Michael Stangel

Would you be able to check mine for me too? I haven't been getting notifications for months and would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

9/16/2010 at 12:08 PM

Ian, yours was slightly different -- it was on the global unsubscribe list. I've re-enabled emails for you.

Private User
9/16/2010 at 12:17 PM

Odd. Thanks though-- I just got my first notification. Much thanks.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion