Photos and documents connected to me or to profile?

Начала Marsha Gail (Kamish) Veazey Пятница, 17 Сентября 2010

Участники:

Показаны все 8 сообщений
17/9/2010 в 6:29 после полудня

When I add photos or documents, it seems like they all go into places in 'my' profile. When I find a photo of someone (usually not even a relative - just someone I'm working on cleaning up), I want to put it somewhere for his/her descendants to see. I want it connected to THEM and not to ME. Am I doing it wrong?

17/9/2010 в 6:38 после полудня

Hi Marsha, if you have documents or photos of anyone related to my tree, can you send it to my email address.

17/9/2010 в 6:39 после полудня

Marsha...........thanks for all your help.

David

Private User
17/9/2010 в 6:47 после полудня

You should go into their profile and click Add Documents (Blue button under Documents on the right side) and it should be added to their profile. Is that not working the way you'd expect?

17/9/2010 в 7:44 после полудня

No, it isn't. The photographs are the main concern, though. They stay with me in my albums but I want them to stay with the profile of the person the picture depicts. Otherwise, it stays in my album and how would a relative of that person find the photo since I'm not related. See what I mean?

Private User
17/9/2010 в 8:16 после полудня

Photos will be in your albums, but when you tag (click identify) the person, then the picture will show up on their profile as well and others will find it. Does that help?

Private User
17/9/2010 в 9:27 после полудня

first make sure they are tagged to that person. If you can't find the name go to their profile page, copy the first set of numbers in the address bar, go back and paste that number into the search bar, search, and tag to that name,
At the least, this will now allow it to show on their profile.
Once it is tagged to them, it should be easier to create an event and add that pic to it.
Still wish they would give us interactive photo albumes (with privacy controls, naturally) so that everybody in the family can put thier pictures of John Doe in the same folder rather than having 30 John Doe folders there.

Private User
17/9/2010 в 9:29 после полудня

the only way to get it into their descendants folder, unfortunately, is for them to copy the picture, then re-upload it under their name.

Показаны все 8 сообщений

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении