• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 661-690 of 746 posts
Private User
12/23/2010 at 6:24 PM

Sally,

You're in the Project - it's called "Thomas Rogers and Some of His Descendants." Maybe the alpha by first name threw you? It does me. :)

Stephanie,

I added you to the Project. I won't have a chance to go back to Mayflower land for a few days. My Jewish real life cousins are invading Geni ...

Private User
12/24/2010 at 6:34 AM

Stephanie

I will look at my tree and see if I can improve the condition of Samuel Rogers.

Ethel Johanna Myers

Private User
12/24/2010 at 7:12 AM

Erica
Hooray for the work that you and Ben Angel have been doing on Thomas Rogers. I shall start editing soon after Christmas.

Ethel

12/24/2010 at 7:13 AM

Samuel Rogers line looks a lot better....
Thanks Hatte, and Erica.... Maybe we should make some MPs in the Samuel Rogers line? What do you think?

12/24/2010 at 8:39 AM

Sally definitely. Check with Erica but I had curators make MPs of the founding ancestors and the next generation or two to stabilize them even before the merges were complete. At least Thomas Rogers and the children who were founders of lines.

Private User
12/24/2010 at 9:46 AM

Sally,
I will look at Samuel Rogers another time.
I have spent all morning on Dan Hatch and Lucy Jones.

I'm glad to hear that it is shaping up. I will look after Christmas.....probably
Sunday.

Ethel

12/24/2010 at 9:55 AM

I've stopped projecting "just a couple more days" for getting all the approaches to Thomas Rogers in order. Now I'm projecting "sometime next year". Too many profiles from TRS to graft into the tree...

Merry Christmas to all, meanwhile...

12/24/2010 at 9:59 AM

you can do it

12/24/2010 at 10:02 AM

Yep, just not in only a couple days... still working at it...

12/24/2010 at 10:17 AM

Ethel, when you bring up the side by side Data Comflicts, just tap on the correct info on each tree. Thank you for volunteering. Aloha

12/25/2010 at 10:08 AM

I just want to thank you all here for all the help, your time and energies in given to many of us, in, probably what is a rather thankless task... So... Thank you so very much! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

12/25/2010 at 10:41 AM

Merry Christmas, Sally and families around the Globe. Our ancestors would have never imagine that they are being remembered through the technologies that Geni.com offers us. Our Thanks really goes out to these courageous pioneers who ventured here and to Geni.com for helping us to know them and each other.
Mele Kalikimaka from Hawaii,
Stephanie

Private User
12/25/2010 at 4:45 PM

Thanks Sally,

And Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you.

I feel sure that you have done your share to make
this program work as intended.

Ethel Johanna Myers

Private User
12/25/2010 at 8:10 PM

Sally I hope your Christmas was a joyous and happy one. I think we are all putting all out effort into our family histories. Hope you find loads of interesting things in the next year. Judy

Private User
12/25/2010 at 8:10 PM

Sally I hope your Christmas was a joyous and happy one. I think we are all putting all out effort into our family histories. Hope you find loads of interesting things in the next year. Judy

12/26/2010 at 6:57 AM

In going through my old e=mails, I came across this one I received several yrs ago from the Mayflower Project.

Dear John:

I apologize for the delay in responding to you about the synopsis you
submitted to the GSMD on December 31, 2007. As an applicant joins through
a state society, your synopsis was forwarded on to NY.

I am always sorry to have to tell an interested applicant that their
submitted line will be difficult or impossible to prove. I have asked the
GSMD for their expert opinion and have received this response:

"The only child besides Elizabeth, of John and Joan Hurst Rogers Tilley,
who has had one single lineage paper accepted, for membership in the
Mayflower Society, is Robert Tilley who remained behind in England and had
family; thus his descendants are eligible. While there was a daughter of
John and Joan (Hurst) Tilley, Rose Tilley, bapt. at Henlow, two actually,
as the first born 1597 evidently died, with the 2nd being bpt. 28 Feb
1601/2, the marriage record for Hugh Hillier, as found in Torrey's
marriages, is for Hugh Hillier and a Rose [Tillye(?)] (1616-1687); she
m2)Thomas Huckins. But there is evidently no proof that this Rose is a
daughter of Joan Hurst Tilley so, no, there is not an accepted lineage
here. Proving this Rose was a daughter of the Tilley's would be very
unlikely I would think".

Paul
GSMD Library

Should you find another link to a Mayflower passenger in the future, please
contact us again.

Sincerely,
Sarah C. Morse
Executive Director
NY SOMD

Private User
12/26/2010 at 9:40 AM

Useful information, many thanks. I added it as a document to the Mayflower Project and to the profiles for John Tilley and Joan Hurst. Post in this discussion if any profiles / connections need to be adjusted.

General question: to me, following the guidelines set by The Mayflower Society for validated lineage is a reasonable way to proceed in Geni. Do we agree?

Private User
12/26/2010 at 11:58 AM

Any connection ( prob. not ) between William Tilley and Alice parents of Sarah Tilley who married henry Linn and later Hugh Gunnison. This Tilley didn't arr until around 1635 or si.

Private User
12/26/2010 at 11:58 AM

Any connection ( prob. not ) between William Tilley and Alice parents of Sarah Tilley who married henry Linn and later Hugh Gunnison. This Tilley didn't arr until around 1635 or si.

12/31/2010 at 7:32 PM

I agree Erica....and happy new year!

1/7/2011 at 9:21 PM

Welcome Pilgrims! My English ancestors arrived on a later boat, however, my Native American ancestors were here to great you to Manhattan and Long Island.

1/7/2011 at 9:43 PM

Aloha from Hawaii, Donald. Did your ancestor's really come on a later boat? If you do have another passenger list, please let me know if any "Sills" happen to be listed. I am also trying to trace my Cherokee bloodline.
Mahalo,
Stephanie

Private User
1/8/2011 at 9:24 AM

Hi Donald some of my family came with the Mayflower .For the most park the rest arrived a little later. Mu native side was in both in the Pylmouth area waiting for the family to arr and some were in Saugus.

1/8/2011 at 5:40 PM

My name is Noel De Sair from Airport West Vic Australia. I am also trying to find a relative and I keep on hitting a brick wall. It is my Great Grandfather who came from America to Australia via devious means. His name is Victor Hercules De Sair after he changed his Name his surname was Callcott.
He was in England for a while. If anybody has any information of the name that I have mentioned it woul be appreciated I could know.My email is.
Noer01@optusnet.com.au Kind regards Noel

1/8/2011 at 11:04 PM

I will look up what I have on the other boats. Also Knifton came from Mass to NY around 1632

Private User
1/9/2011 at 10:29 AM

Mary,
I suppose that portraits are rare of folks in the early 1600,s.
But, I agree, it would be better to have NO picture rather
than one that come a hundred years later....

It is tricky to get it all right. I sympathize with your annoyance
at this strange discrepancy of clothing and centuries.
Even a drawing of an artist, picturing an imagined person
would be better than an image from 100 years later.

Ethel Johanna Myers

1/9/2011 at 10:48 AM

@ Ethel and Mary,
In the book "Saints and Sinners" by George F. Willison 1945; he included a copy of a portrait of Edward Winslow, and below it he states:
(The sole authentic Pilgrim portrait, painted at London in 1651)

Jim Roberts

Private User
1/9/2011 at 11:37 AM

A portrait during the mayflower period or 1oo years later still would have been a portrait , as there was no photos at that time. Artist have been putting odd clothing on people for years. They say the Pilgrims didn't really dress the way they are depleted and certainly the Indians didn't wear what are shown in some pictures. In the 1700's artist use to go from town to town with people already painted and they would just insert there clients faces in them. These were what they now call primative art. O couse some artists did paint from scratch.

Private User
1/9/2011 at 12:42 PM

Private User

I do not expect contemporaneous images, but images representing a different family member should be corrected. Please provide links to the profiles in question -- there are too many without having a link.

Thanks
Erica Curator

Private User
1/24/2011 at 5:41 AM

I have just learned that Francis Cooke, Mayflower passenger, was my 9th. great grandfather. His daughter, Mary, married Lt. John Thompson. I have an extensive Thompson family tree established. I also live within 10 miles of the Thompson cemetary where many of the relatives of Lt.Thompson and Mary Cooke are buried. I would be happy to provide any info requesyed.

Showing 661-690 of 746 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion