• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 721-746 of 746 posts
3/8/2013 at 1:49 PM

Thank you Erica, as you know it is so time consuming, and if your not that great with computer " stuff" takes even longer. (chuckle) but there you have it and I'm plugging along, until I get extremely aggravated, take long breaks and gear myself up for it again. My siblings like to " hear" about what I've discovered, but have no real yearning interest to just " have to know" so I'm on my own with the research and that's that. To be fair my brothers don't have much time, and computer capability and my sister chooses not to get into it all. Perhaps overwhelming for her, not sure. Thank you again, I'm so thrilled like a kid that found something better than money :-) , Bonnie

3/8/2013 at 2:32 PM

Yes, thank you Brendan, sounds like a plan for the future. Still trying to complete the Carver profile, and edit out several mistakes as to who is related to whom. I have gone into the edit but been unable to edit and fix certain typed in things. Seems as if , if I'm correct the way Geni has this setup one can only edit certain info? Not sure but I have tried going into the typed information and have not been able to edit that. So I've just written in a side note correcting info as the last thing I want to do is screw up, and accidently type misinformation which I , unfortunately have already done. Can't figure out if there is a way to fix this, thus, the side note corrections. Thank you again, and I will at some point do further research when I have more time, Bonnie

Private User
3/8/2013 at 4:52 PM

Bonnie, if you need any changes made that you don't have permissions to make, we'd be happy to help you. Just let us know.

Private User
3/8/2013 at 5:52 PM

And ditto to what Brendan said. Especially the point: if you figure out you're a descendant of A Mayflower passenger, chances are pretty good you're a descendant (or cousin, or great uncle's grand neice, or like that) of MORE Mayflower passengers.

I was pretty excited at this discovery until someone pointed out: "And who else was there to marry?".

:)

3/9/2013 at 8:11 AM

I third Brendan and Erica. My cousin did extensive research and found 8 direct Mayflower ancestors. Through Geni I found 3 more. But with Private User history tool, I found I had 27 relatives on the Mayflower! Bonnie, you'll be related to me I am positive.

The population in the first years was small and intermarried, so we are all related if we had ancestors who came then.

Private User
3/9/2013 at 9:21 AM

Here is the project for the HistoryLink App that Hattie mentioned if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.geni.com/projects/HistoryLink/14021. The website link is accessible on that page.

Private User
3/10/2013 at 9:34 AM

For anyone interested in Edward Doty, "Mayflower" Passenger, I found this book that has information on 12,727 people in the Doty line. It's really quite amazing how much information is in the book.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PR9KAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcov...

Private User
4/1/2013 at 7:32 PM

Hello I am Denise Kinsey.
Joan Tilley is Robert Dalton's third great granddaughter
H

Private User
4/1/2013 at 7:32 PM

Hello I am Denise Kinsey.
Joan Tilley is Robert Dalton's third great granddaughter
H

Private User
4/1/2013 at 7:38 PM

Hello I am Denise Kinsey,
here is the link to my connection
Joan Tilley, "Mayflower" Passenger
Joan Tilley is Robert Dalton's third great granddaughter.
And my connection to Richard Warren
Daniel...
Happy tp be here.
Denise Kinsey

Private User
4/1/2013 at 8:50 PM

Welcome aboard Denise!

4/1/2013 at 9:15 PM

Hello Denise, we are related.

4/1/2013 at 11:01 PM

Hi Private User

My wufe is related to you. Welcome.

4/2/2013 at 6:45 AM

are you aware of the "silver books", a project of Descendents of The Mayflower. Half of the Mayflower arrivals died in the first winter, the balance are followed for five generations by a project by Descendents of the Mayflower. The society is broken down into "colonies" in each state, and the local colony has donated a set to our library here in Largo Florida. Perhaps your library will have a set of these books in their genealogy section.

4/2/2013 at 12:10 PM

Anyone connected to Francis Eaton?

4/2/2013 at 7:21 PM

connected to Francis Eaton, but not as a direct ancestor. He was the father of my 9th great uncle

Private User
4/3/2013 at 4:55 AM

Marian hello and yes I was aware.
Funny a woman who had stayed on board, slipped and fell to her death on december 7th my birthday-
Thank you all for the very warm welcome. Many here have slammed the door in my face,
Roger Jacobs is the man who turned me on to the family history. He has been very kind to me.
Again thank you all for the very warm and much needed welcome:)
Denise Kinsey

Private User
4/24/2013 at 10:40 AM

Patrisha Hawkins Meyer Francis Eaton is my 27th cousin 17 times removed.
Hope this helps
Denise Kinsey

Private User
5/1/2013 at 1:17 PM

Anyone know why the death date of Giles Hopkins, "Mayflower" Passenger is set to April 26, 1690. According to most sources, it should be April 16, 1690, the date his will was entered to probate. We reference FindAGrave, which has the 16th, and the OWT, but I can't see the reference in the OWT.

According to the Pilgrim Hall Museum, "Giles Hopkins died between 5 March 1688/89, the date of a codicil to his will, and 16 April 1690, the date on which his will was admitted to probate."
http://www.pilgrimhallmuseum.org/giles_hopkins.htm

Seems April 26, 1690 would be incorrect.

Private User
5/1/2013 at 1:35 PM

Findagrave pointed out that we had the wrong death date for William White too. Changing it sounds appropriate.

Private User
5/1/2013 at 3:52 PM

I hope all y'all descendants are going ahead and updating! Also note we now have "between" dating so can use that for Giles.

Love the cleanup.

5/10/2013 at 11:14 PM

Erica Houton, I did the math for 26 passengers and 400 years passage of time. With the modest assumption of 2 offspring per person after 25 years who go on to reproduce. That gives 4 doublings per century. 2^16 is about 64,000. If you assume 3 per generation and 16 triplings that gives a factor of about 43,000,000. So between doubling and tripling each generation will easily give a product in excess of 30,000,000. That's the thing about exponential growth: it starts slow and but eventually explodes.

Private User
5/11/2013 at 12:03 AM

About 10% of the current USA population then? That sounds about right.

5/11/2013 at 8:42 AM

And those of us whose families came early and hung around MA and CT for several centuries have scores of Mayflower ancestors. We're up to 13 ancestors and 27 relatives.

5/16/2013 at 8:45 PM

I cannot find the Rose family -- but it looks like others think there were close to first families if not on mayflower.... were they on mayflower?

Private User
5/17/2013 at 12:17 AM

No. There were several Rose immigrants in the Great Migration (1620-1640). Which are you looking for?

Showing 721-746 of 746 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion