adoptions

Zahájila Kim Angles - pátek, 1. října 2010

Účastníci:

Zobrazuji všech 6 příspěvků
1.10.2010 v 10:29 PM

Hi, I'm new and unsure of where to look and a bit overwhelmed by all of the discussions out there, but the issue that i am having in my family on more than one instance is in the relationship tab there is no place to show "adoptions"
while it is sort of unusual in our case, a family member was not adopted by her stepfather until she was older, so she has a relationship with both her biological father as well as her adopted father.
Is Geni planning to implement something to show this as it is a legal event and does change birth certificate etc for the minor children.

Private User
2.10.2010 v 4:42 AM

Hi Kim,

Currently you have two options to show the event:

-- have both fathers attached and leave it as an unresolved conflict (yellow triangle)
-- refer to one father within the "overview" tab of the other

Hope this helps. I believe they will have a more elegant solution in the future but apparently it's a larger development effort than initially hoped.

2.10.2010 v 10:47 AM

thanks, i just wondered since there is such a large population of adopted kids out there

Private User
2.10.2010 v 10:49 AM

Sure, and I'm also sure geni has a better solution in the works as a development effort.

19.12.2010 v 5:49 PM

Noah Tutak
Michael Stangel

I am bumping this discussion again...

I think it is so important to every genealogical project, Noah or Mike can we get an update???

Private User
19.12.2010 v 7:16 PM

Angus - Thanks for bumping this.

Kim - I'm an adoptive mother, so this issue is important to me, I regularly remind the staff about the need for a solution, too! ;-)

Zobrazuji všech 6 příspěvků

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion