Volunteer Work

Started by Private User on Monday, October 11, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
10/11/2010 at 11:01 PM

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn) / (שמואל אהרן קם (קאן

I realize that Voluntary efforts are often Exhausting, Frustrating beyond difficult at times; and usually with little if any gratitude provided by others and usually with little or no satisfaction to be gained after relentless efforts in the practice of wanting to help for the better of change.

Lets face it, it's a brutal world and we all suffer in all forms with no limitations. Sometimes that suffering is directly inflicted upon us or other times by way of a connected party be it a parent, sibling or child.

Be it financial, illness, addiction and as stated above really endless in forms and limits.

That being said, we all have to vent our frustrations at some point, everyones threshold differs, though on the Volunteer front, usually with little gain and after examining all that you or any volunteer has done, looking down the road, one realizes how small of an impact their efforts had in seeing the never ending process of needs of others, in whatever the type of Volunteer work one engages in.

Change does not come about easily if at all and not always for the better. It should be noted that those who are in need of the most help are often the hardest to help.

Basically what I'm saying is everyone has their moments, good and bad and sometimes we react instinctively on our frustrations, I'd say in our case much redundant commentary - So lets forgive and forget. How does that work for you.

On the "Business and Good Ethical Practices" topic those words generally don't go well in the same sentence unless referencing to them as antonyms. It all comes down to (bottom line - Profits and Losses). Deserving is often neglected.

But as for us, as humans, we are not perfect and allowed and even expected to make mistakes. Some people more and others less but we all make them. So what do you say to us starting from scratch.

Private User
10/11/2010 at 11:59 PM

In citing this, it is because I realize that anything can happen to anyone at any given moment.

I personally beat a terminal Illness some five years ago by way of natural holistic means based on my beliefs and my faith - The alternatives in the medical profession were not sounding good to my ears and was really against ALL I have done in the way of my compassion for animals.

My faith and that compassion and realizing the circumstances, I put my own life on the line because I believe in the fact that our lives are that of a journey and not a destination - So, realizing I could just as easily be run over by a truck tomorrow living in an over populated city, I would be pleased if there were animosity left behind and I'm making an effort to make that so.

Private User
10/12/2010 at 12:01 AM

I would be pleased if there were NO animosity left behind and I'm making an effort to make that so.

10/12/2010 at 1:21 AM

Sounds good to me.
Peace and Health.

Private User
10/12/2010 at 2:33 AM

Perfect!

I want you and all volunteers to understand that I am appreciative and respectful of all your efforts and work, and while the last post ended up far more extensive then I would have preferred.

I think everyone on it, whether it truly was misunderstood or just defensive behavior in thinking I was out to diminish their work or cause, it clearly was not the case - So if you have the power to delete that whole thread in total, then please do.

I'm well aware that I can just delete my posts but really don't want to go through five pages and that would not take away the rest, would it had been left to me, it would never had exceeded the first post.

Be well.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion