Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
Private User
10/14/2010 at 10:24 AM

Anyone able to source this one?

Private User
10/14/2010 at 10:44 AM

Erica, just looked at the tree and took a look at info available and it seems that James Chilton was not the son of Isabell but an earlier (first) marriage, so he wasn't related to his wife except by marriage as the tree implies. Nothing on Isabell's parents.....

Private User
10/14/2010 at 10:48 AM

Meg, if you want to have at the Chiltons, it would be much appreciated. So far the only thing I know for sure is that James Chilton is the son of Lyonel Chilton. He and (name unknown) wife are the parents of Mary Chilton, who married John Winslow.

Can I sell you on this piece of the Mayflower project?

10/14/2010 at 11:03 AM

I don't know anything about the mother of James Chilton, but I have a bulletin of The Plymouth County Osbornes and Their Descendants, It Starts with William Fitz-Osbern, Companion of Wiliam the Conqueror in the conquest of England; It's supposedly the first Osborne known in English history. At the bottom it says All descendants of Thomas Osborne are descended From May Chilton, and her Father, James, Mayflower passengers, through Thomas's wife, Hannah Wade. It's the only reference I have of any relationship. Any further information would be appreciated.

Private User
10/14/2010 at 11:11 AM

All I know about Chilton is Mary was supost to be the first person to step off the mayflower and set foot onto Plymouth soil. Also it is said that she rased John Alden to the departing area. I also know she is connected with the Paines/Payne and Winslow Family. Judy

Private User
10/14/2010 at 2:36 PM

There are 249 Managers on John Alden's Profile. Including myself 9th GG.
Are they all Grandchildren?
THank you

Private User
10/14/2010 at 2:54 PM

I don't know. I don't believe "managers" of profiles were set up that way. It's not the best term: more the administrator of a historical figure's representation within geni. But in any event that's why we're moving toward the "curator" term, which more accurately describes a custodial relationship.

10/14/2010 at 3:36 PM

Plus, all the curators will have to get glasses and walking canes, and become really crabby with kids and their chewing gum... :)

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion