• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
10/14/2010 at 5:01 PM

Hi everyone! I have a question about the marriage of Francis Macon to Daniel Pegram. I was on a webpage devoted to the Pegram family and they said that they weren' sure if the Francis Daniel married was a Macon bacause no one had seen any documented evidence. Does anyone here know anything about this? I also read that there is a book that references all of Gideon Macons' grand and great grand children. They reference "Holly Springs Quaker records, Ramseur, NC". Not sure what that means....any thoughts? Thanks!

Private User
10/14/2010 at 5:30 PM

Ramseur, NC has been a Quaker home for generations and there are still Quaker churches in that area. Even back in the founding days of this country, the Quaker churches kept detailed records of marriages, births, etc. Whoever prepared that report must have gotten access to those records.

Cathy, can you post links to the profiles for Francis Macon and/or Daniel Pegram? With links, we can take a look and see if we have any input for you.

Private User
10/14/2010 at 5:36 PM

overviewThanks Maria. I didn't even think about posting the links. Here they are:
Frances Pegram

Daniel Pegram, II

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion