Mayflower Passenger "Elder" William Brewster (1566-1643)

Started by Private User on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 87 posts
Private User
10/30/2010 at 8:20 AM

The tree is much better now. Not done, but much easier to look at. Could everyone look around for mistakes?

Private User
10/30/2010 at 8:32 AM

Brendan,

See I knew that would take you about 5 minutes. :)

Robert,

Nice little pocket listing, thank you!

Private User
10/30/2010 at 8:38 AM

Yea, I wish. What a mess. It took forever. I need to clean leaves now! :)

Private User
10/30/2010 at 8:55 AM

Erica, could you add me to the Brewster project? Going to my profile and clicking on the project is much easier than trying to find it in the list. Thanks

10/30/2010 at 9:54 AM

That's all at the site I noted...
There are also 118 pages of sources...some,granted, are to support Nancy's claim to the Mayflower society...but if you start at 589 there are sources and citations...

10/30/2010 at 11:35 AM

Erica, Wm. Brewster was given Wm. White's Bible after he died. He went back to England and the bible was returned in 1632 with him on The Lion. There is a book out on William White's family that I just received and I am sure it mentions things about Brewster (there are memoirs written in the borders of bible pgs.) This is where I got this information. If you don't have it already, the book is called (misspelled word incl) ANCESTRAL CHONOLOGICAL RECORD OF THE WILLIAM WHITE FAMILY. I wrote Brenden about this too. Also, there is a history of books of the Mayflower families, writtem in volumes. Wm. White's is vol 13. I'm guessing Brewster has a vol. as well.

Private User
10/30/2010 at 11:40 AM

Robert Edwin Swoger
Private User
Private User
Fay Baldwin

You've all been added to the Brewster Family Project.

Next step: add the Brewster profiles to the Project.

to do that:

- go to the profile.
- on the right, "more actions."
- "Project Options."
- Drop down, select Brewster Family.
- Close.

From the Project you can merge, edit relationships, and use the Project Merge Center.

Anyone else who would like to collaborate on it, let me know.

10/30/2010 at 11:43 AM

google BREWSTER GENEALOGY, 1566-1907"

Private User
10/31/2010 at 6:06 AM

The Brewster tree is getting pretty clean now. I still have more to do on connecting all the duplicates. Does someone want to go through the accuracy of the data? If there are any profiles that need to be added to the project, post them here and we'll add them to the project. Thanks

10/31/2010 at 6:14 AM

Brendan...how tidy you are..

I just RAKE my leaves...don't clean them...were you in the military???

Looked at the progress...looking alot healthier at the Brewster's

I'll keep my fingers out of the pudding..

Private User
10/31/2010 at 6:40 AM

Well, yes, I was in the American Air Force, but not, I didn't actually clean my leaves :) I put about 8,000 pounds in the woods across the street using a tarp - multiple trips... :)

I merged, but didn't go through conflicting data. Do you want to do that?

Private User
10/31/2010 at 8:22 AM

Brendan

I will start to check out my tree for "Eder William Brewster (1566 - 1643)

If you could send me your regular e-mail address, it is easier to transmit the
Urls to identify any problem areas. I have used that path with Erica Isabel Howton.

Ethel Johanna Myers

Private User
10/31/2010 at 8:23 AM

As a starter, I still have three copies or duplicates for Elder William Brewster.

Ethel

4/13/2011 at 4:56 AM

Guess I'll have to go back to my research...my original connection was cut and now I am connected (I have my doubts) in 2 other directions....I am 99% sure of the Brockway connection but, as I said, have to re-establish my data....Esther Calkins m Ephraim Brockway..Esthers father was Joseph Calkins, wis wife was Lucretia Turner....but has been messed up from there...

The other links, as I said, are iffy (I believe)..I do not know of Baldwin or Copp connection (nor have any family researchers ever make that claim.....I'll let them stand for now but I, personally, make no claim for those links...

4/13/2011 at 8:59 AM

Fay - take a look at this. I'm thinking that your Baldwins and mine are related and they are, by marriage, but it could be a cousin marriage.

http://www.geni.com/path/Jabez+1763+Baldwin+is+related+to+Richard+B...
I'm going back to look at William Brewster again, hoping that the Bethia Stocking misconnect has been cleaned up.

4/13/2011 at 9:02 AM

Alright! I am a direct descendant of William Brewster's father through the Browns and Bristols. Does this make sense?

4/13/2011 at 9:03 AM
Private User
4/13/2011 at 5:20 PM

Hatte,
Did you see the episode of "Who Do You Think You Are" with Ashley Judd? She is a Brewster descendant. The show did an excellent segment on his background and how he came to be on the Mayflower.

4/13/2011 at 5:34 PM

Cool, I'm related through the Brewsters as well! http://www.geni.com/path/Mike+Stangel+is+related+to+Ashley+Judd?fro...

4/13/2011 at 5:41 PM

MEZ, I need to start watching "Who Do You Think You Are?". I have been "playing" on Geni instead of watching TV!

4/13/2011 at 5:45 PM

http://www.geni.com/path/Hatte+Blejer+is+related+to+Ashley+Judd?fro...

Ha, my family is going to giggle at this relationship. She's my 10th cousin.

4/13/2011 at 5:52 PM

Mike Stangel is Hatte Blejer's 15th cousin once removed. Better than 17th twice removed, but still not through the Brewster line.

Private User
4/13/2011 at 7:40 PM

She's my 10th cousin too, through the Brewsters.

Private User
4/13/2011 at 7:48 PM

Ashley Judd is my 15th cousin once removed.
Common ancestors -- Skipwith & Dales, those displaced Cavaliers that became so important in Virginia history.

4/13/2011 at 8:16 PM

She's our Kevin Bacon :)

Private User
4/14/2011 at 2:06 AM

What is particularly cool about Ashley Judd's Brewster descent (besides the huge pedigree document someone gave her -- unfurling it was great drama) is that it's through her SICILIAN father's line.

She said, "It turns out I'm so American I'm English."

Private User
4/14/2011 at 3:23 AM

I saw that show. Very interesting.

Private User
4/14/2011 at 3:25 AM
4/14/2011 at 7:33 AM

I cannot do a cousin relationship on your profile or see anything more than the teeny bit I could see last night by the way.

Private User
4/14/2011 at 7:36 AM

Turns out its a release issue and Stangel is on the case. Total relief.

Showing 31-60 of 87 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion