Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
11/10/2010 at 1:57 PM

Hey GENI
First of all, thanks for a great program which I have now used for approx. 3 years.

There are now many good features, but I would like to suggest that it could be possible to store interesting family documents in a menu item, so that it could very easily be read by everyone in the family, without having to guess which person might have been involved.
My great grandfather was fighting in the war against Prussia/Austria in 1864. Many in my family group are interested in reading about this, but today they have to find these historical documents and photos via my great grandfathers profile where I've placed them in an event.

Therefore, this big wish: a "shared history" button on the frontpage!

Sincerely
Tage Ebbensgaard

Private User
12/21/2010 at 3:56 PM

Thanks for your feedback, Tage. If you tag the person in document, you may use the 'Media' folder tab on their profile page to view all photos, videos and documents where that person is tagged.

Anyone in your Family Group would be able to view those tags.

So, in the case of your great grandfather, they may locate that information via his 'Media' tab on his profile page or via his Timeline, by locating the said event.

Also, you may use the 'More' dropdown to locate any documents you personally have uploaded. There is also a dropdown filter to better sort those you would like to view (e.g. "birth")

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion