Auto-deletion of post submitting zombies not preferred.

Zahájil Private User - sobota, 13. listopadu 2010

Účastníci:

Zobrazuji všech 6 příspěvků
Private User
13.11.2010 v 10:45 AM

According to the description of this project:
"We'll remove the profile once we've run the tool."

In the "Zombies please" discussion group that I've used until now it is up to the poster to remove a submitted zombie link. Which means that:
- there is a profile bookmark that doesn't go away until the poster says so
- the poster can verify that the zombie killer script achieved the desired effect before deleting the post

I prefer that approach to the one proposed for this project. For that reason, I will continue to use "Zombies please" while it is available, or until the modus operadi of this project is changed.

Private User
4.12.2010 v 1:26 PM

Honesty, I recommend this project just to be deleted.

The reason is simply because it is much easier to post a link to a profile in the "Zombies please" discussion.

10.12.2010 v 5:54 PM

I find this easier, at least on my netbook, as I have ham hands that usually mash enough keys to mess up the copy/paste function! I know, not a big deal, and I will certainly live with it if it is deleted.

Private User
10.12.2010 v 9:08 PM

Anyone want to post a link to the "Zombies Please" discussion?

11.12.2010 v 3:00 AM

Zombies discussions:
Main:
http://www.geni.com/discussions/76010 "Zombies please"
Other:
http://www.geni.com/discussions/63276 "HOWTO: "Zombies" on Geni, and how to hunt them."

Private User
8.1.2011 v 11:16 PM

I do like it I am sorry. As I have been on Geni since we were only 200 profiles and about 10 people I have put all my reseaarch of the past 35 years on it and for the last 5 years I have to undo merges as new family come on it.
I love to help people but honoustly, there are those that joined just to get all the information they needed and then just dissapear.
I am long past the feeling of it is my work and only I will work on it. If that is the case people should not be on a public free tree like Geni that is meant to be a help to new researchers.
For instance I found a wonderful new family member just yesterday and they don't know of the people who disappeared 5-7 years ago after only being on Geni for a month. I am quite that gives me 1000's of tree merges that I just have to undo again. A waste of time.
And shame, shouldn't people of 200 -600 years finally be put to rest.
Just asking.
May you all have a wonderful day.

Zobrazuji všech 6 příspěvků

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion