Cristóbal / Christopher Colón / Columbus

Started by Private User on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
Private User
11/16/2010 at 6:15 PM

I would suggest making his name Cristóbal Colón and his display name Christopher Columbus. Cristóbal / Christopher Colón / Columbus really messy and hard on the eyes.

11/24/2010 at 8:30 AM

I disagree. The name must be Cristóbal Colón only and display name can be empty. I think this is what the convention names said, isn't it?

Private User
11/24/2010 at 12:42 PM

I much prefer Cristóbal Colón as well. Christopher Columbus was a concession to others. In America, most Americans wouldn't even recognize Cristóbal Colón, sad to say.

11/24/2010 at 2:18 PM

So let's teach them a little bit ... :)

Private User
12/28/2010 at 8:42 PM

Why not put Christopher Columbus in as a "nickname" ? That way it can be found and the real name discovered ... and us USers educated.

6/22/2011 at 8:08 PM

@Erica HowtonI agree

7/19/2012 at 5:57 PM

By family folklore, our family is a decendant of Christopher Columbus, is there a family tree already out there? My GGG Grandfather was Louis Columbus he was the first post master in present day Toronto Ontario Canada he was of French decendent. Please email me at dlblake@kwic.com

Thanks Dennis Blake

Private User
7/19/2012 at 8:09 PM

Dennis Blake

The Christopher Columbus tree on Geni begins here :
Almte. D. Cristóbal Colón, gobernador general de las Indias

I suggest you delete your previous posting containing your email address as it could be harvested by "spam robots.".

Hope this helps.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion