The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Member Notification of "Remove Option" for Family Friend Notifications

Started by Malka Mysels on Friday, November 26, 2010

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
11/26/2010 at 7:46 AM

Some family members do not like to received notification of family news, but they do not realize that there is an easy way for them to adjust their privacy settings to opt out of
any particular member's news. ie. on the profile page under "More Actions".

Many members do not explore the site and do not know about "Help", "Blog" etc.
Would an email listing the easy ways to tackle a few of the major issues that new, low-tech or lone-tree accidently merged members most complain about be possible?

11/26/2010 at 10:44 AM

Eventually we are going to move all notifications to following, including family members. This will be a much simpler system and will give users more control over their family notifications.

11/26/2010 at 11:38 AM

Thanks, that is a wonderful idea!

Private User
11/26/2010 at 12:15 PM

In any case: In every email you get from Geni there are clear instructions at the bottom on how to stop them.

Geni should consider copy this instruction to the top of the email as well because it surprises me how many who don't follow the instructions.

Private User
11/27/2010 at 11:04 AM

Where can I find "More Actions"?

11/27/2010 at 4:24 PM

@ Lisa: First you go to the profile page of the Geni member you want "removed" from receiving family notifications---

On the top right of each profile page there is a pale blue " Follow " button. Underneath this "Follow" button are a couple of link options
eg.

Send Message
Request to Collaborate
" More Actions "

Click on the "More Actions" link and a new menu of options will appear including "Remove family member" or " Add member to Family Group"

I think clicking the remove link will also result in the removal of family notifications to that person.

However, Noah's proposal is a much more elegant solution, and will be most welcome.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion